shape
carat
color
clarity

Resetting my wife's pendant & need suggestions/input!!!!

rgh333

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am resetting my wife's solitaire diamond pendant and would really appreciate your input and suggestions! Everyone here is so helpful and I really appreciate the help. I love to work on projects for my wife and really derive pleasure in her smile when she receives these gifts, it is the best. Anyhow, the diamond is a 1.32ct pear that I plan on adding a cluster-style halo to. I did this with her engagement ring and want it to match that look for her.

I have about 9 extra 10-12 pointers of which will either be added into the halo or put into the chain for a diamonds by the yard look. I would add some more diamonds to the chain if I chose that option.....

Or, I could purchase an existing diamonds by the yard chain and add the pendant to it, right? Also, I like the look of another stone above the pendant, too. What about a east-west set oval or a diagonal-set radiant above the halo'd pear?

What about a diamonds by the yard but with princess instead of rounds?

I want this pendant to be really amazing and special and unique and I know it will be with your help!

_4117.jpg

_4118.jpg

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I love the diamonds by the yard idea using the stones that you show around the solitare. Please DONT put those stones around the pear. It makes the necklace to fancy to wear everyday. We like things for every day that are special yet simple. It makes the necklace way to busy. I have a pear shape necklace that was in a heavy bezel with tiny square melee on either side I recently had it changed to be simple I'll take a picture and show you.

Please keep it simple

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
If you want to do halo this is a beautiful one and use the other stones as diamonds by the yard. Make sure you put a loop so she can wear it at two different lengths

pearpendant.jpg

rgh333

Rough_Rock
Thanks, that's a beautiful pendant you included a picture of, but my wife likes fancy, over-the-top jewelry for everyday use. That is why her engagement ring was designed with such a look. I will totally add stones to the chain, though. Do you think another horizontal stone above would be cool? Seems that no one else has any advise for me. :confused:

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I like diamondpear's first selection with the diamonds by the yard......

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I personally like the art deco or victorian nevklaces with added diamonds for extra oomph. What a great project idea! Here are some other poctures I found for inspiration:

_4130.jpg

_4131.jpg

_4132.jpg

_4133.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/anxiously-waiting-for-my-dbty-necklace-with-halo-pear-diamond-pendant-from-whiteflash.134534/page-3']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/anxiously-waiting-for-my-dbty-necklace-with-halo-pear-diamond-pendant-from-whiteflash.134534/page-3[/URL]

This might be the pendant in the last picture fiona posted.

I just want to say that it looks your melee stones are much larger, in proportion to the pear, than those used in most of the halo'ed pears shown in this thread... so you'd be getting a very different look.

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
VRBeauty said:
I just want to say that it looks your melee stones are much larger, in proportion to the pear, than those used in most of the halo'ed pears shown in this thread... so you'd be getting a very different look.

Unless of course we can convince him to use those stones for the melee in the necklace instead of the halo. ;-)

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
two little birds exactly my thoughts his center stone will be dwarfed and lost by those large stones but they would look great as diamonds by the yard.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Proportion-wise, this is closer to the combination you're working with now:

christmasgift.jpg

I guess in short I agree with heididl and 2 birds :wink2: - a haloed pear is a wonderful, classic look - but I would surround your pear with much smaller stones than the ones you have now... and save those for a DBTY necklace!

rgh333

Rough_Rock
Hahah! I am starting to get convinced to not use these stones for the halo, however, if I choose diamonds by the yard, I think I might go with princess diamonds set on-point. It is more unique than the classic round and more to my wife's style. Also, that style chain would then match up her princess stud earrings. ( I did consider small pears in the chain, but think they would flip more easily, which would be annoying)

I like another stone above the pear, too. Maybe a larger princess or radiant (her engagement center stone)....not sure what to do....

I actually like that last image with the pear and the colored stone halo. It is more of a cluster halo look, which my wife prefers.

So, maybe do like 20-30 pointer princess diamonds set in the chain, plus a 0.5-1 carat stone above the halo'd pear...either a princess, radiant, or oval.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nooo, not princess stones with a pear! And definitely not 20-30 pointers, either. The DBY stones would be best at 10 points or less for a chain for a pendant, in my opinion, because they are just accents and shouldn't take away from the pendant. I guess the stones you have now would be fine for the chain, but you'd either need to use 8 or 10. And pleeeeease use round stones for the chain! I'll check and see if I have other pendants in my folder. I think I have at least one that has an extra stone above the pear part.

This one is to show that the chain diamonds are a pretty accent:

pppearpendant.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe this one is a Beaudry pendant, but Victor Canera also makes pendants in this style. Note the beautiful ajour work on the back.

_4144.jpg

pearhalopendant2.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more to no princesses! for a DBTY

rgh333

Rough_Rock
Point totally taken about not doing princess stones as a diamonds by the yard option! Those last pendants VRbeauty included are more similar to the center stone/halo ratio I am thinking of.It's what my wife loves, even though more unusual in style, but I do what makes her happy!

I have considered adding a 1 carat pear to go above, like a baby/mini version of those Graff pear necklaces and pendants, however, I want her to wear this regularly and fear too many diamonds might make it too fancy for use day-to-day, aside from formal events. I do not want the length from the chain to the bottom of the pendant to be too long, either...Still, the looks from Graff are my wife's style, if that helps.

Another option is to bump up the pear from the current 1.32 to a 2 carat or so....Given the various options, this would not be to far a difference in price.

So, do I add another pear stone above with 1-2 smaller pears as a drop to the halo'd pear...OR bump up the size and keep it as a halo'd single pendant?

All of your feedback has been much appreciated. What an amazing community of people on here!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rgh333|1362357866|3395512 said:
So, do I add another pear stone above with 1-2 smaller pears as a drop to the halo'd pear...OR bump up the size and keep it as a halo'd single pendant?

You could do both - have the pendant fashioned with an openable clasp on the back so it can be worn with a simpler chain for everyday use, or with a longer, "cantilevered" drop-style chain with DBTY treatment for evening use.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please increase the size of the pear before adding multiple pears. Simple and elegant is the most tasteful and timeless, in my opinion. If you make it too ornate, it absolutely will quickly turn into something that can only be worn on formal occasions. In fact, some of these already posted are not everyday necklaces.

Link to the Graff pear pendant?

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I so agree with diamondseeker....I love jewelry I love the simple halo idea with the diamonds by the yard. But i gotta tell you I sold my two carat halo pear pendant. bought studs and took my grandmothers .80 brillant round in a simple but gorgous bezel. Pear shapes are not as popular today. so before you upgrade to a larger pear you should stay with your original plan.

I wouldn't spend more money to upgrade the pear . My opinion is to do the halo with the diamond by the yard. It is going to be hard sell to sell your current stone. so just enjoy the current one.

rgh333

Rough_Rock
Oh, I thought pears were still popular for pendants, and getting even more popular, in general, again? My jeweler buys back stuff at the price I paid when it comes to upgrades, so returning for a larger stone is not going to be a problem.

None of her other jewelry are pears....Princess and radiants with rounds for a bracelet, so the pendant is more unique to her.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore a pear necklace. My vote is to upgrade the pear and use a smaller halo around it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of the pendants posted here are relatively recent, so I think pear pendants are fine. But as far as size goes, can you tell us the size of her e-ring and diamond studs? That would sort of help us give you better advice about the size of the pear diamond.

rgh333

Rough_Rock
Jewelry stats:

Princess studs: 1.04 cttw F SI1 (will upgrade these eventually to 1 ct per ear in princess shape)

Right hand ring: 5 stone rounds 1.56ct F SI1

Engagement ring: D, 2.38 ct radiant with halo comprised of 12 10-11 pointers. There are a total of6 25pointers on the ring (3 on each side)

Diamond bracelet: These are 25 pointers. Diamond tennis bracelet. I think it has about 34 or more in total stones..it goes all the way around.

Existing pendant: 1.32 ct pear

Hope that helps......

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very helpful! I personally believe that the e-ring diamond should be the star of the diamond collection, so I would want to go a little smaller for the pendant center stone. Since pears usually have a larger spread than radiants, I'd probably be inclined to go with a pear between 1.5-1.9 cts. That way you also avoid the price jump at 2 cts, and you won't need that extra size since the stone will have a halo.

rgh333

Rough_Rock
Ok, I just got off the phone with my jeweler. She does not suggest going up to 1.8-2 carats because the change in size would not be that noticeable based on the size of the 1.32ct pear I have for my wife. It would not be worth it, especially with a halo, as it will be large.

So, I will stick with the existing stone for her pendant...at least for now! Haha

rgh333

Rough_Rock
Here is a CAD from the jeweler that I just received. I know you all want me to shrink down the halo, but this is what my wife prefers style-wise. So I must do what she likes to keep her happy! :tongue:

pendant_cad.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's going to be beautiful! So nice that you know your wife's tastes so well, and like giving her these presents :))

Can't wait to see the final product, please come back with photos!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results