shape
carat
color
clarity

Replacing solitaire with larger diamond?

carla_j

Rough_Rock
I recently got engaged and although I like my ring, I don't LOVE it. My main issue is that the center stone is small (.4 carat) and does not look proportional on my hand. Somewhere down the line (when we've dealt with our student debt) I'd love to look into "upgrading" to a larger center stone. Is this usually an option? The head of the ring is not one of those removable ones, but appears to be soldered between the two sides of the band. I'm not sure if it will make a difference but there are also small diamonds on the band on either side of the center stone. I've heard different things about whether or not heads can be replaced to accommodate larger diamonds, and would appreciate any info any of you might have!

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome. You'll get better answers if you post a picture of your ring. A peg head is an easy change. Adding a halo or cutting out a head and replacing it with a different one have certainly been done, but sometimes it's just not a good idea or it's not cost-effective.

carla_j

Rough_Rock
It's a Tacori 4125RD, except unlike the photo it's yellow gold (with a white gold head).

tacori-pave-set-diamond-engagement-ring-4125rd-1-c.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful! I would contact Tacori or the jeweler that you bought the ring through for their advice on upgrading to a larger diamond. Did you purchase the stone through someone that will allow you to trade?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results