shape
carat
color
clarity

Replacement side stones/labor for pave/micropave settings?

putaringonit

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I know with picking out my micropave (side diamonds are 0.01 ctw each, VS2-SI1, F-H) ring it is easier to lose the side stones. I am wondering how much does it actually generally cost to replace the side stones in it (for both the diamond and labour)? Also, for those who have their micropave rings insured, is it worth it to be insured just for possible loss of these rings (nevermind the center stone)?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Replacement side stones/labor for pave/micropave setting

putaringonit said:
Hi everyone,

I know with picking out my micropave (side diamonds are 0.01 ctw each, VS2-SI1, F-H) ring it is easier to lose the side stones. I am wondering how much does it actually generally cost to replace the side stones in it (for both the diamond and labour)? Also, for those who have their micropave rings insured, is it worth it to be insured just for possible loss of these rings (nevermind the center stone)?

I had to have a 2.5 pointer replaced in a ring and it cost me $30. The stone doesnt cost much...I think its mostly labor.

Your last question about insurance are you asking is it worth insuring for having the small pave stones lost (or did you mean the
whole ring like you said). I think most insurance has a deductible and its probably not worth making your deductible low enough
enough to cover an occasional lost pave. If its a real worry for you maybe you can limit the pave to 3/4 or 1/2 way round the
shank so less possibility of loss.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results