shape
carat
color
clarity

Recent Chubb Insurance Policies in NYC/Appraisers NYC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
I was just wondering if anyone had recently bough Chubb insurance in NYC and how much they charged per $100 or however they do it. I have renters insurance through a company that I can''t even remember their name right now and I don''t know what their policy is, but I have been researching Chubb on here and found a lot of info. but it was kind of old posts, but I like the way that they give you a check and let you pick your own diamond. I would not let anyone else pick it out!

Does anyone have an opinion on which of these appraisers is best? Or any other ideas for appraisers in Manhattan?
David Wolf
Justin Krall

I know someone had good luck with Barry Block, but we don''t have a car and it would be easier for us to get to the other two because they are right in the city.

countingdown

Shiny_Rock
Hi, my agent is in NYC and I got my insurance through Chubb. I am not sure how much per $100, but My ring was about 40k and the yearly premium is going to be $700.00. I am not sure if because I have several other policies with Chubb, that I am getting some sort of discount. I can call my agent and ask him tomorrow if you want. Hope this helps.

Duane

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Dazed

You should first communicate with your choice of Chubb Agent. If the insured value is under $ 25 or $ 50K then you won''t need an appraisal with Chubb. Just the Lab report and description of the ring and receipts.

I recently became acquainted with another Chubb agent who is licensed for NY.

She is with the Flather Perkins Agency.... they are in Maryland. She is also a GG

Her email is [email protected]

Hope this helps.

Rockdoc

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
rockdoc --> So with Chubb is the ring only insured for what you paid for it then? I bought it online and I know that the appraisal will be significantly more than what I paid, definitely not over $25,000, but probably around 20K.

Coutingdown --> Have you posted a photo of this ring?

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Dazed

Different Chubb agents have different requirements ( I think based on each agent''s position and binding authority with Chubb). Some may require appraisals, others may not.

As far as the stated amount, remember that Chubb will pay up to 150% of the insured amount if the cost of replacement is higher.

So if you paid 20K they will pay claims up to 30K. If you feel that it should be insured for a amount that is greater, as long as it makes sense, I think they will honor your request.

I would speak with the agent, as to insuring for more than you paid and get their advice. Obviously, if you paid 20K they would be suspicious of accepting the coverage for 70 K - but if it is a reasonable amount additional, and you are willing to pay the difference in premiums,then usually Chubb won''t argue with that.

Disclose what you did pay, as if they know this up front, you avoid the material fact disclosure issue.

Hope this helps

Rockdoc

countingdown

Shiny_Rock
Dazedland, Mark Morrel is completing the setting and it I will have it August 1, for a August proposal. I will be sure to post pics.

g-man

Rough_Rock
David Wolf is great. I have used him twice out of his Florham Park, NJ office. I highly recommend him.
G

SquareCut

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/10/2005 3:34:43 PM
Author: RockDoc
Dazed

Different Chubb agents have different requirements ( I think based on each agent''s position and binding authority with Chubb). Some may require appraisals, others may not.

As far as the stated amount, remember that Chubb will pay up to 150% of the insured amount if the cost of replacement is higher.

So if you paid 20K they will pay claims up to 30K. If you feel that it should be insured for a amount that is greater, as long as it makes sense, I think they will honor your request.

I would speak with the agent, as to insuring for more than you paid and get their advice. Obviously, if you paid 20K they would be suspicious of accepting the coverage for 70 K - but if it is a reasonable amount additional, and you are willing to pay the difference in premiums,then usually Chubb won''t argue with that.

Disclose what you did pay, as if they know this up front, you avoid the material fact disclosure issue.

Hope this helps

Rockdoc
Actually, I believe that in NY Chubb''s policy is actually a little different-they will only pay 150% of the value if your policy is that amount. For example, if your policy is $20,000 and you loose your $20,000 ring-that''s all your going to get. They won''t give you $30,000 because you only have $20,000 of insurance. If your policy includes other items, let''s say a $10,000 watch or it''s a blanket policy for $30,000 and you loose your $20,000 ring, then they will give your up to the $30,000 to replace it(if necessary and with a seperate claim). No appraisals are required to insure items under $50,000.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
Justin Krall is great. I found Justin to be very patient and his prices are more reasonable than most NYC appraisers. He is really nice to work with and i would highly recommend him.
He will do a lot of little extras for you and is very accommodating.
I have recommended him to several people on Pricescope and all have been very satisfied. I got several PM''s thanking me and praising his services.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results