shape
carat
color
clarity

REALLY idiotic question--can a CZ damage

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
My educated guess would be "not a snowball''s chance in hell"...unless maybe you got a very big one and started beating your diamond with it...and then I''m guessing still not so much.
1.gif

Now those high pressure lab created diamonds...well, I''m guessing they could. But not the run of the mill CZ stuff.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I doubt these cheapy studs are high-pressure created. ;-)

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
A CZ is softer, so the diamond would more likely wear down the diamond.

Of course, if you take a CZ and pound a diamond against a rock with it I think you''d be likely to damage both!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just noticed that if I sweep my hair back there''s a chance of smacking the two together. I just worry about that. I will be wearing stainless steel barbell studs in there by next week. I worry about smacking my ring off of those too.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2005 11:57:26 AM
Author: ame
I just noticed that if I sweep my hair back there''s a chance of smacking the two together. I just worry about that. I will be wearing stainless steel barbell studs in there by next week. I worry about smacking my ring off of those too.
Ame, honey...There are medications on the market that can help you.
2.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
And Im on them. I think they are defective. Or 300MG a day is just not enough.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
AME; A 20 pound chunk of CZ dropped from 100 feet in the air will probably damage a small diamond left on a hard surface right under the point where the CZ hits. Other than that, "probably not", is a darned safe guess. Don't wear hard metal earrings next to CZ or diamonds if you can't stop the habit of hitting them together as you brush your hair back. Get a shorter hair style, wear softer metal earrings, take more medication.....but don't damage the gems!
31.gif
17.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
define "softer metal". Stainless surgical steel wouldn''t count as softer would it.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
time to up your dosage ame

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results