shape
carat
color
clarity

RBs will always be the most popular shape...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IYO, What shape ranks #2 in popularity?

IMO...Cushion have taken over the #2 spot. Princess is now rank #3.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
I think
RB
Cushion
As for third I think I ovals and Princess and emerald are all getting up there.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We PS-ers love our cushions, but we seem to have many aspiring fiances who come here looking for princess-cut stones. I'm guessing the princess cut is the second-most popular shape, at least for first-time engagement rings, out there in the real world.

decisively_unsure

Shiny_Rock
Cushion cuts are the gentleman's choice. :) For me, I would rather have an emerald cut emerald & IMHO it is a bit of a waste to cut a diamond in such a way.

I also think Princess cut is the second most popular.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1436974868|3903092 said:
We PS-ers love our cushions, but we seem to have many aspiring fiances who come here looking for princess-cut stones. I'm guessing the princess cut is the second-most popular shape, at least for first-time engagement rings, out there in the real world.
It used to be but doesn't seem like it nowadays... at least not here on PS. I think cushions have taken over the #2 spot.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
My opinion:
Princess cut is number 2 in both volume and total value.
The other fancies all combined would not reach up to the princess numbers.
They are sadly a very small part of the total diamond picture.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EC ranks No. 1 for me for diamonds in rings, if one twists my arms, I may accept a cushion or Asscher as a gift grudgingly!

DK :bigsmile:

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
Princess is definitely #2. If you look at chain jewelry stores you'll see tons of princess cuts. New trend is to take four small princess cut stones and put them together to make one larger looking stone.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS is not very similar to the real world. I also thought that princess remains #2 out there in the regular US market. Most people have never even heard of a lot of the stones we favor here. I do see some cushions and EC's on celebrities, but not so much on regular people getting engaged.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results