shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant/Diamond Experts - WF Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chadrock

Rough_Rock
Hi all. Well, I've viewed, priced, researched, changed my mind, etc., etc., etc. I've ordered the diamond below from WF and wanted to know what you all thought of it.

Shape: Radiant
Carat: 1.51
Color: F
Clarity: SI1
Measurements: 6.43x6.38x4.56
Table %: 65
Depth %: 71.5
Crown %: 14.6
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Girdle: Thick
Cutlet: None
Fluorescence: No
Certificate: GIA
Price: $9,350.00

The link below has the Ideal Scope, Sarin and GIA Report. It also has an actual picture of the diamond. From what I can tell, the diamond seems very nice and has a great Ideal Scope. I know that based on the AGA DIY Grading Chart the diamond seems deep, but other than that, everything is ideal. Anyhow, I'd like your feedback on what you think about the diamond and the price.

P.S. I was going for the square shape vs. the rectangular.

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=GIA-13256499

chadrock

Rough_Rock
No one yet?
33.gif
j/k

I saw on another topic that Garry H (Cut Nut) replied to that based on the information in the link below, that it''s hard to find a Radiant that looks good under the Ideal Scope. Based on the Ideal Scope image of the diamond that I''m ordering, it seems that I have a rare one? I''m not a diamond expert by any means so anyone out there who has more knowledge, please feel free to correct me.

http://www.ideal-scope.com/using_fancy.asp

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Chad,

The Whiteflash diamond looks very pretty, but must be seen in person to truly appreciate it, as in the case of all fancy cut stones! It is an "expert selection" so it should perform well.

As for the cert, it seems like a very clean SI1, it is hard to find EX polish on Radiants for some reason. I think the price is very good. Congrats and keep us posted on the setting search!
9.gif

As for Garry H and Radiants! Garry has made it extremely clear that he immensely dislikes Radiant cut diamonds (except for fancy colored ones). There ARE a number of us that love Radiants and have them, so dont' feel alone!
2.gif

Edited to add: I am not an expert, just a Radiant lover! Your topic heading may be why you did not get more comments.
9.gif

chadrock

Rough_Rock
Thanks icelady.

I know there are a few other radiant lovers on here that I thought may chime in if the word "radiant" was in my topic heading
2.gif

As far as the setting, I''m thinking of going with a simple "X-Prong" type setting (something similar to the Vatche offered by Whiteflash or the one Tiffany & Co. has with their Lucida Diamond). However, I''d like to keep this topic on my diamond and I''ll post another for the setting.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I''m not a radiant expert, but that Idealscope picture looks pretty nice.

chadrock

Rough_Rock
Any other radiant lovers or diamond experts or anyone else for that matter want to chime in on the stone I purchased? I should be receiving the diamond tomorrow and I set up an appointment with an appraiser for Saturday so I can let you all know how it looks in person and what the appraiser has to say about it.

fuzzypill

Rough_Rock
I love radiants!!

My bf and I recently purchased a radiant that was on the "deep" end. But we saw a lot of other radiants and found that this was the best looking one to us. You can see the pics in Show Me the Ring - under the thread "My radiant". We think that when it comes to radiants, you have to see them in order to judge. We saw some radiants that had great numbers and fit into the ideal parameters, but did not look that good. It might also be because we''re looking for "square" radiants and I think the ideal parameters fit "rectangular" radiants more (i could be wrong). Anyways, good luck!!

chadrock

Rough_Rock

Well, the diamond arrived and it is BEAUTIFUL!

9.gif
I have an appointment with a local independent appraiser tomorrow at which time he will verify that the stone is what the GIA cert says. After that, I will most likely send it back to WF to have it set in a Vatche Platinum X-Prong. WF will then send it back to me and I will take it to the appraiser to have a full insurance appraisal done. Since I don't know my GF's ring size, I will propose with the ring and then send it back to WF for the second time to have it sized. Since it will be out of my hands again, do you think I should take it back to the appraiser to have it verified again?

I will try and take some pics of the diamond tonight or tomorrow and post them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results