shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick feedback on a diamond? I'm having last minute panic.

qwedsy

Rough_Rock
First and foremost: THANK YOU so much for all the advice provided here, not only to me but also other members looking for help. I have learned so much just by reading your answers not only to me but other people as well. :appl:

I have now searched for about 3 weeks for a .4-.6ct diamond for my wedding ring. (In Finland that's sort of like the e-ring in the US, but the market is similar to Asia in the sense that the rocks are tiny and high in color/clarity.)
I started by wanting a "basic" cushion, then an AVC, then an AVR, going back to wondering if I should just settle for a modern cushion or even an MRB (as it would face bigger than cushion).. And now finally I feel 90% sure I have found the one that would make me really happy and fits just about in my budget. It is definitely expensive for what I set out to spend - but I think it is also that much more special.
I am not from the US so it is not a possibility to see it before purchasing. I wouldn't want anything under G/VS2 (sort of a cultural thing) so I wouldn't go lower on those to gain more size or reduce price. I could do with a smaller stone but there is no available nor anything coming to stock for now. What makes me just a bit concerned is the high price and the ASET not being symmetric. David from GOG already commented on my concern about the ASET symmetries that it is not something that would be seen when watching the actual diamond. I have been a bit hung up on symmetric ASETs but I guess I have to trust that I shouldn't be so picky with that.

The stone is reserved for me and what I would love is the final stamp of approval from Pricescopers to have the courage to BUY. :shock:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/9070/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufH5HY0Yq0k&feature=youtu.be

And finally a video that is probably something that makes me feel an itty bitty concerned that the stone is not as sparkly from the outer skirts as the one it is compared to in this one. Pricescoper ecf8503 was previously contemplating between this and another AVR and in their thread I found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kneVJWzHoOE&list=UUe_V0Cpb5TXhi2j80WFLuLA

Sorry, my English is not the best and I'm all over the place because of the overwhelming excitement. :errrr:

I guess I'm just asking for ANY comments on the stone, whether you love/hate/feel nothing about it.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Quick feedback on a diamond? I'm having last minute pani

I would have no hesitation.
That diamond is going to have superb light performance.

My diamond is also a G VS2 from GOG. :appl:

qwedsy

Rough_Rock

Thank you kenny for the push. I just informed David at GOG that I would be happy to make the purchase. :twirl:

I've searched for SMTB threads on smaller AVRs (or OECs for that matter) but haven't been lucky. If someone knows one I'd be happy to drool over some pictures while waiting for my own precious ;-)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

qwedsy|1397766978|3655166 said:
Thank you kenny for the push. I just informed David at GOG that I would be happy to make the purchase. :twirl:

I've searched for SMTB threads on smaller AVRs (or OECs for that matter) but haven't been lucky. If someone knows one I'd be happy to drool over some pictures while waiting for my own precious ;-)

"Smaller" diamonds can still dazzle, as owners of 1-point ACAs will attest.
IMO, a cut like August Vintage Round is a smart choice since not only is the light return optimum, the diamond has many large facets for bold broad flashes of color compared to a conventional modern round brilliant.

Be sure to post lots of pics.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Awesome choice! :love: I cannot tell you how much I love my AVR! I was also limited by the selection and had to get I color, but it is actually quite pretty in an antique style cut. G-H is my favorite range, though!

Just think, you will likely be the only person in Finland with an AVR!!! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results