shape
carat
color
clarity

Question re: Eternity Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jam2005

Rough_Rock

Hi Ladies,

I have been salivating over this wedding set my bf found at the local (gasp) B&M store.
It is set in platinum with a ctw of 0.33 for both the engagement ring and wedding band.
12 melees in the engagement ring, 14 melees in wedding band. Price $1575.

I wanted to know if anyone has come across the same setting online within the same price range.
I’d love to go the web route as opposed to buying from the B&M.
Attached is the pic.

Thanks for your help!
~j

WeddingSet1431.jpg

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
I bought my set at a B&M, don''t feel funny.
2.gif

Do you happen to know the quality of melee stones (color/clarity)? That would make a difference in price, I should think.
Also, is it a designer piece?

Have you checked solomonbrothers.com? They seem to have a HUGE selection of settings!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is there a reason why you would don''t what to purchase from your local B & M? If the price was the same I would choose my local guy just b/c it would be easier to go in for any future checkups, cleanings, problems etc. It would be a great way to start building a relationship.

As for your setting and pricing. I believe just about any of the Pricescope venders carry it or could order it in or make it for you. You might try calling the following

signedpieces.com
winkjones.com
Whiteflash
they are many other good ones. i''m heading out or I would post a few more.

jam2005

Rough_Rock
Bluedawg-
The melees are color I and above. I’m not sure about the clarity so I’ll have to call and ask. The melees are really tiny (0.013?) so I’m not too focused on the clarity. All I know they sparkle like crazy.
1.gif

It isn’t a designer piece and they only have 2 of these settings left at the B&M. They are making way for new inventory. I will definitely check out Soloman Bros.

MrsSalvo-
I just wanted to check out the internet options but will definitely purchase from the B&M if I don’t find a setting. One thing is for certain – I’m definitely buying the loose diamond from the web!
Thank you both for your suggestions – I will check out the sites.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2005 5:15:16 PM
Author:*jam1431*

Hi Ladies,

I have been salivating over this wedding set my bf found at the local (gasp) B&M store.
It is set in platinum with a ctw of 0.33 for both the engagement ring and wedding band.

I wanted to know if anyone has come across the same setting online within the same price range.
Attached is the pic.

Thanks for your help!
~j

is that $1575 for the pair or each?

jam2005

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/27/2005 8:00:21 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 5/27/2005 5:15:16 PM
Author:*jam1431*

Hi Ladies,

Attached is the pic.

Thanks for your help!
~j

is that $1575 for the pair or each?
$1575 for the pair.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would check out the settings at www.signedpieces.com , they are very reasonably priced and are ideal cut stones and F-G in color, VVS in clarity. They also offer a full 30 day money back guarantee. Give them a call, many people here including myself have been very happy with them. just a thought, HTH.

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
I did a quick look at solomonbrothers.com and found this set. It looks much like the one you posted but it''s more expensive. If you can get that set for the $1575 I think it''s a very good deal.

What is your center stone''s color? With I color you''ll probably not notice a big difference no matter what-- but my center is a D with MB fluor and it definitely appears different to my eyes from the 0.04ct stones on my eternity bands (which are G-H in color). I like the way it looks because it makes my stone sand out even more... but some might be bothered by a slight color difference. But I am sensitive to color anyway.
HTH!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Bluedawg. I checked a few other sites for similar sets and $1500 in Platinum seems like a really good price.

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Most of the set on all of the liks people have been putting up have way more than a TCW of .33. That being said, I agree, $1575 for the set seems pretty good.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I had a similar looking set, think it was from Stuller but not sure. Be very careful to get the best quality you can of the manufacture. I had loose stones in the channel setting - seemed like every couple months I was having it repaired. That''s why I eventually switched settings! I''m sure you''ll be savvier than me about it though! Another reason to buy it through local B&M is in case any stones do come loose hopefully they will stand behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results