shape
carat
color
clarity

question for all you full eternity band owners

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cynthia

Rough_Rock
I am curious if there is any discomfort in wearing an eternity band. I am thinking about a shared prong type but am concerned that it might be too uncomfortable.

Any thoughts, advice?

tks

Cindy

dib

Shiny_Rock
i have one and have no problems wearing it. It''s shared prongs made with a very low setting.

Jaded Gem

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I have several eternity bands. The diamonds in each one is very small or about .015 for one and about .02 for another. The eternity band that is about half a carat total weight (0.15) is a multi-prong setting with a total of a little over half a carat going around the eternity band. It doesn''t bother me because the diamonds are not so big that there needs to be a lot of platinum to hold up the diamonds. The other one which is about three fourths a carat (0.2) is channel set. They are both really small melee diamonds going around so again there is not a lot of platinum used to hold them and cause me any discomfort wearing them. Then I have one Tacori eternity wedding band that has a very intricate diamond and setting pattern, and that ring just sticks out between the fingers since the width and pattern is a little bit bigger than the other two eternity rings. Overall, I got used to wearing and stacking them. It might be helpful for you to go to a jewelry store and try some of them out so that you can get a feeling for them. All of my eternity rings I have purchased online. Some online companies will give you a thirty day inspection so even if you wanted to try them out in the comfort of your own home then that would be possible as well. The two eternity bands that I have were purchased from Signed Pieces/Facets. There website is http://www.signedpieces.com/

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
How was the quality of the diamonds from Signed Pieces? On the eternity bands is there a greater chance of the diamonds become dull and damaged, on the underside? There are so many things throughout the day that are hard, and are pushed into our hands such as, metal shopping carts, gas pumps, metal railings,etc...
I know this might be a strange question, but I would worry about damageing and losing stones.
Have you had this problem??

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am going to signed pieces next week to try on their eternity bands, as I have the same question about comfort, although I''m sure I could get used to it!
31.gif
Many people on ps have bought from them and have been very happy!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I have worn a full eternity ring, 1/2 bezel style, for twenty years (21, ten pointers). Except for its sparkle,
2.gif
I hardly know it is there. Good luck.

cheers--Sharon

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I have 2 eternity bands--RBs with 10 and 20 pointers, both shared prong and I quickly got used to the feeling--like SHaron, I don''t even notice it''s there now. I had a princess shared prong eternity band that was a bit bulker (30 pt stones) but I ended up making that into a bracelet anyway b/c my new ering is RB.

Try some on--I tink if you love the design, you''ll "learn to live wit it" fast!
2.gif

PS I''ve heard--and seen--only good things about Signed Pieces. Do a seach--some very satisfied customers here. I definitely would consider buying from them.
1.gif

Jaded Gem

Shiny_Rock
Hey Glamgirl,
Referring to your earlier question, the diamonds so far hasn't fallen out of my prong and channel set eternity rings so it's been all good. The diamonds and platinum setting seemed to be done very well as far as craftsmanship goes. The diamonds are very white and it's been held very securely in both settings. One eternity band is F-G color with VVS1 to VS2 melee, and the other one is G-H with VS1-VS2 melee. They seem to be very sparkly and white. I do take them off when I'm doing housework. A few times I have had them on when I was lifting heavy luggage from travelling. Mentally, I was thinking that I probably shouldn't be handling all this rough heavy luggage with my rings, but looking at my rings they still look as good as the day I purchased them. The customer service I received from Signed Pieces and Facets have been one of the best that I have ever dealt with. They let you know about inside sales, and they even sent me a postcard during the holiday season thanking me for my previous business/purchases. They're really a top notch company with a fantastic return policy if whatever you purchase doesn't suit you. I've also purchased some platinum diamond stud earrings as well. All great!

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much! Iwas concerned about damaging the diamonds facing the inside palm. I have never had an eternity band with diamonds. I have had one in silver, with set stones, and it was uncomfortable.... but then again a cheap ring.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been wearing an eternity band for about seven years. The stones are .28 each, shared prong, and go all around. I rarely take it off and sometimes sleep with it because I forgot I was wearing it. I have had no problems.
I am not that careful with it and no stones have chipped or fallen out. The little bit of platinum that shows is still shiny
Some people do find them uncomfortable, particularly when the stones go all around. I bought a cheap zicon one and wore it for a while just to make certain that it would work out for me.
The only problem with full eternity rings is that they are difficult to resize so make certain, if yu decide to get one, that it is a good fit.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I just recently got an eternity band....thank you Santa....and honestly don''t even know it''s there. It''s a 2mm band, size 6.5, 1.4 total carat weight, 24 diamonds - each around .06ct. I''m really hard on my rings and haven''t had any trouble yet, but it''s only been a month
37.gif
Here''s another 2
emthup.gif
emthup.gif
''s up for Signed Pieces Facet''s shared prong eternity band!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2005 7:38:22 AM
Author:Cynthia
I am curious if there is any discomfort in wearing an eternity band. I am thinking about a shared prong type but am concerned that it might be too uncomfortable.

Any thoughts, advice?

tks

Cindy
i have three eternity bands --one a tiny shared prong and two with channel set squares. my good friend has two shared prong honkers--wears every day and i even asked her a while back and she said no prblems --doesnt know they are there.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thats good to know as I am getting one this week from signed pieces. I can''t wait!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results