shape
carat
color
clarity

Qu on diamond price with same spec - why it's cheaper?

Gamma12ay

Rough_Rock
Hi folks, I'm new to pricescope. Nice to meet you all.
I have recently picked up a diamond (for engagement ring) from a local store with following specs:

What I don't understand is its pricing, it was priced like any other 1.00-1.05 carat stone with same specs if not cheaper.
So I thought it would have to do with its clarity. But under the scope, table is clean, crystals are barely visible (so is the feather) or are well hidden behind the facets edge
For argument sake, I have seen diamond with worse clarity than this but much more expensive.
Am I missing something from here?

GIA Cert (Dated: August 2015)

Round Brilliant
HCA: 0.6
Measures: 6.63-6.67x4.06mm
1.09/D/VS2
Cutting, Polish and Symm: Excellent
Fluores: None

Proportions:
Table - 56%
Depth - 61.0%
Crown Angle - 34.0
Pavillion Angle 40.6
No Culet
Medium (faceted) 3.5% Girdle

Clarity
clarity.png

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Pricing can be based on any number of variances not just the proverbial 4 c's

For instance

Who’s selling it - Harry Winston lots of dosh - Jo Blogs’ very little in comparison
When they purchased it = just because it was GIA graded Aug 15 it could have been purchased 20 years ago
Who they purchased it from

The variations are endless

Not an expert but the stats seem good nice find - pls show pictures

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
In addition to the 4cs, the services and benefits that might be part of the purchase also factor in. Trade up and buyback guarantees add value (and cost), as well things such as service plans. The evaluations and information provided up front on a diamond beyond the lab report, such as light performance imaging, also play a part.

But in general, diamond pricing is not perfectly linear, as many people would expect. It pays to shop around for the diamond that is right for you. Which may or may not turn out to be the one with the lowest price.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results