shape
carat
color
clarity

Project Upgrade

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing wrong with that at all from what I can see. Looks like one of the branded cuts?

What's the HCA on it?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. How big is it?
2. It's got an AGSL report, what type (Platinum DQD with light performance?) and when was it issued?
3. Clarity grade? Just link to the report or give us the report number - PS washes photos out and I can't see anything in that plot.
4. Any comments in the Comments section? I see some graining in the ASET, is that just an artifact of photography?

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
HCA 1.2. Erm, I don't have the report no. and if I recall right, there's "additional clouds not shown".
Carat weight 1.95ct.

_24397.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Buldor|1416429652|3786678 said:
HCA 1.2. Erm, I don't have the report no. and if I recall right, there's "additional clouds not shown".
Carat weight 1.95ct.

"Additional clouds not shown" or "Clarity based on additional clouds not shown"? And repeating what I asked earlier - what is the clarity grade?

You're asking us for our opinions. In order for us to give you educated and meaningful opinions we need as much information as we can get. If you don't have the report number ask your vendor for it.

It is a very well-cut stone, if that is all you wanted our opinions about.

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
Sorry I had missed that out. Its a I colour, S1 clarity; additional clouds not shown.Will come back with the cert no once I have it.
Thanks! :)

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
If given two choices and assuming both options are equal in performance, which one will you all go for?

1) 1.98ct I color, SI1 clarity (eye clean) : 8.04 x 8.06 x 4.96
2) 2.03ct J color, VS2 : 8.15 x 8.19 x 5.00 *** Cost about $1000 more than option 1.

Do you think its worth it to pay the additional cost to go for option 2, for the slightly bigger size (about 0.11)?

rocksjust4me

Rough_Rock
In my opinion and I am by no means a professional. I would go for #1, it is a higher color and if you look at diamdb.com you will see that it is only 3% smaller than #2. I would keep the extra $1000 and go with the I color.

both will be beautiful. Enjoy!!

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for the advice.. I been thinking about it and can't decide.

cut_apprentice

Rough_Rock
To me the difference in spread won't be noticeable, but the difference in color would. Also, SI1 vs VS2 is moot since you stated SI1 is eye clean.

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
I would rather have an I color because J shows too much tint for my taste. I personally like the value in SI clarity, but for others, they prefer higher clarity. Of course that is just my opinion, so you will need to decide which you value more!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for the I color.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results