shape
carat
color
clarity

Professional Opinion about Table:Depth ratio on 1-ct Diamond

onexone

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am looking at a 1-ct diamond on BlueNile, everything seems good on paper (HCA=1.8), excellent symmetry/polish, only a small cloud on table etc. My only concern is the table (61%) vs. depth (60.0%) ratio, based on GIA this ratio is still excellent, but I haven't seen a lot of diamond with a larger table than depth. Too bad BlueNile does not provide Idealscope or ASET data.

Here is the GIA cert of the diamond ($5244): http://www.bluenile.com/certs/51438...0JmxhYj1naWEmc2l6ZT0xNjAwJmN1cnJlbmN5PVVTRCY=

I would appreciate if someone can give me some insight into this diamond.

Thanks in advance
Keith

leyhuong

Shiny_Rock
Re: Professional Opinion about Table:Depth ratio on 1-ct Dia

I look at the proportion and doubt of the light performance of the stone you ask about. My first option is to go with table% from 54 to 56
Second option is 56+-57, depth 60-61.8%. After that, you also need to consider other specs as well.

onexone

Rough_Rock

Gypsy|1392617445|3616800 said:
https://www.pricescope.com/wiki/diamonds/60-60-proportioned-diamond It's a 60/60 stone. Albeit one with a large table.

Based on the article, my Table proportion would be within an acceptable range if I have a Depth of 60%. I wonder how much the ideal table range would change for 61%.

Is there any way that I can get an idealscope or ASET of the diamond beside buying an ideal-scope myself?

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock

Ask Blue Nile if they'll do one for you. Probably not. They might be willing to take a photo. Again, probably not. They run a bare bones operation. That's why their prices are so low. Not to say they don't have good stuff. You just have to take a little gamble to find it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results