shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess of Hearts on GOG!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
I was surfing through GoodOldGold.com and noticed a new diamond. They''re neat!

Anyone have any information on them? I searched the site and I got ''no results''..

princessofhearts.jpg

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! How pretty and unique! Good find.
36.gif

sera

Ideal_Rock
I was curious about this one too! I'm debating between an Asscher or another squarish stone (though not a standard princess). Does anyone know if this has the pinpoint sparkle of a princess? It appears the facets are larger than a princess and would have a type of sparkle more like a RB... is this true? Similar to the Square H&A though less rounded?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2007 3:11:57 AM
Author: sera
would have a type of sparkle more like a RB... is this true? Similar to the Square H&A though less rounded?
that would be my guess.
Im sure he will have a vid out soon comparing them.

Hum, I was just checking them out. They do look very intersting to me, but I am wondering if they have really perfected how to do it yet. At the moment they only have 3 available as well, found

#1 Princess of Hearts

#2 Princess of Hearts

#3 Princess of Hearts

A couple of things confuse me about it though. I was comparing there Hearts images first, and the hearts images all look pretty different from one another. The little black thing happening in the center changes drastically from one to another, there is alot more red on the outer edges of one than on the otherse, and just in general there doesnt seem to be any real uniformity in the 3 diamonds Hearts images?

Then I was looking at the IS images and it looked like the same thing was happening. the Is images are all revealing very different patterns of leakage, the other data seems to be the same as well, nto much consistency between the three.

It also looked to me that the one which I felt has the worst hearts and arrows has got the best looking IS and diamXray images? And the one that I felt had the best hearts image actually seems to be perhaps the worst IS image? but maybe I just dont know how to read the IS properly?

So, while they do look very very promising to me, I wonder if they have really mastered the art of making them yet, as they dont seem to be cut in such a way to give consistent light return and appearance? I also wonder who here knows how to read the data on them properly? so maybe not the best thing for us online at the moment, but, I think, if you can get down to GOG and see them for yourself it would be very nice to do so. Do they have a video showing them perform? perhaps in comparison to a princess or other cuts?

Then of course there is always the matter of "who says it is an H VS2" one of them has a GIA inscription on it though,but I dont see a lab report?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its pretty common with new cuts for it too take a couple production runs for everything too settle down with new fancies.
Time will tell how they sort out but for now its another option too consider for those interested.
Why they just didn't cut asschers out of the rough is beyond me :}
But its better use of it than princess cuts :}

It takes time to get everything sorted out on the display front also.
As too the reports it looks like some are graded by AGS and some GIA.
They will likely settle on one or the other eventually.
They may not be allowed too openly show the reports by the cutter as has happened with other cuts but you can get them by asking.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Greetings ya'll,

To answer some of the questions in this thread regarding this new cut.

1. Yep, I'm in the process of editing a video comparing the Princess of Hearts alongside
a. Square H&A (cushion/rounded corners)
b. Round H&A
c. Ideal Princess
d. Cut Cornered Squares (radiant variety cut for light performance)
e. a common princess
f. a common round

WHFSR, to address your questions/comments ...

A couple of things confuse me about it though. I was comparing there Hearts images first, and the hearts images all look pretty different from one another. The little black thing happening in the center changes drastically from one to another, there is alot more red on the outer edges of one than on the otherse, and just in general there doesnt seem to be any real uniformity in the 3 diamonds Hearts images?

This is the very first business of diamonds we received from the factory and we are in the process of examining and posting the data we are able to assimilate thus far. While I appreciate precision cut products and the perfection of Hearts images, my primary objective with these cuts (and any shape/cut we decide to take on) isn't necessarily how uniform the hearts images are but how this diamond faces up after being set in a ring. Key questions are determined to find answers to are...
a. Does this diamond exhibit leakage that is visible to human observation? (too steep/deep)
b. Are the proportions fashioned in such a way that it reflects back too much observer obstruction? (too shallow)

If the answer to the above 2 questions are no and the diamond is exhibiting light performance in both diffuse and spot lighting environments that puts it into the top echelon of the optical characteristics of brightness, fire and scintillation in my books its a keeper. In the world of squares these diamonds do not lack anything in the optics department when it comes to practical observation and while there are features that can be seen in a critical examination (ie hearts images, DiamXray analysis) these do not affect or impact anything in the practical examination.

Then I was looking at the IS images and it looked like the same thing was happening. the Is images are all revealing very different patterns of leakage, the other data seems to be the same as well, nto much consistency between the three.

Actually if you take just about any fancy cut diamond and look at each on a stone for stone basis you'll generally find inconsistencies from diamond to diamond, especially if you take all the data/analysis into account. That is generally the stage where I begin to make suggestions to the factory on what they can do to tweak the product. At this stage in the game, even if they didn't tweak anything they're still cutting a product that puts them in the less than 1% category. Will they put to practice my suggestions when I send them ... we'll see.

It also looked to me that the one which I felt has the worst hearts and arrows has got the best looking IS and diamXray images? And the one that I felt had the best hearts image actually seems to be perhaps the worst IS image? but maybe I just dont know how to read the IS properly?

Best Hearts image doesn't necessarily equate to best DiamXray/IdealScope image (or Bscope, Isee2, results either). Hearts images demonstrate precision in optical symmetry and don't necessarily equate to superior optics. I can show you an example of a diamond with excellent consistency in a hearts image yet have optics I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole when it comes to the face up view.

So, while they do look very very promising to me, I wonder if they have really mastered the art of making them yet, as they dont seem to be cut in such a way to give consistent light return and appearance? I also wonder who here knows how to read the data on them properly?

There are certain minor tweaks they could make which I'll be suggesting however when it comes to the question "Are these diamonds beautiful or not?" That question has already been answered for me. I have visually compared, side by side the lot of stones we received so far (roughly 15-20 stones) and there is no difference in appearance I have been able to note. In a practical examination the consistency is there, at least in the product I've seen to date. In a critical examination (and looking at elements beyond what the labs grade, ie optical symmetry, red reflector images, etc.) there are minor tweaks that could be done but the minor variations you see in our exam WHFSR, are nothing that impacts the appearance between these stones in a practical exam.

so maybe not the best thing for us online at the moment, but, I think, if you can get down to GOG and see them for yourself it would be very nice to do so. Do they have a video showing them perform? perhaps in comparison to a princess or other cuts?

Then of course there is always the matter of 'who says it is an H VS2' one of them has a GIA inscription on it though,but I dont see a lab report?
We're talking now with the manufacturer about which/what data can be posted publicly or shared privately. For the record though, these are some of the most beautiful squares to come across my eyes. While we will be reintroducing the Jubilee which has a proven track record for beauty, these will most certainly give them a run because they are no less beautiful.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2007 12:04:24 PM
Author: Rhino

We're talking now with the manufacturer about which/what data can be posted publicly or shared privately. For the record though, these are some of the most beautiful squares to come across my eyes. While we will be reintroducing the Jubilee which has a proven track record for beauty, these will most certainly give them a run because they are no less beautiful.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
OOOHHH!!! When will the Jubilee be reintroduced? I've been looking and looking and thought (until I just read this and saw the PoH) that I would maybe need to go with a cushion. I am having a very difficult time choosing a center stone... I love Asschers but because of how they face up and the budget I'm working with, I am thinking I may have to go with another squarish stone. I do not want my diamond to look roundish and I do not want the pinpoint sparkle of a princess. I am thinking either the Jubilee or the Square H&A or the PoH would fit what I am looking for?... round type of sparkle with lots of fire, brilliance and scint in an obviously square shape? I have not seen and am not near GOG to view these in person.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/27/2007 12:33:11 PM

OOOHHH!!! When will the Jubilee be reintroduced?
We''re expecting the first shipment any day now. We''re very excited to see this back in production. The inventory, while not weak isn''t as robust as I''d like but then Rome wasn''t built in a day.
41.gif

I''ve been looking and looking and thought (until I just read this and saw the PoH) that I would maybe need to go with a cushion. I am having a very difficult time choosing a center stone... I love Asschers but because of how they face up and the budget I''m working with, I am thinking I may have to go with another squarish stone. I do not want my diamond to look roundish and I do not want the pinpoint sparkle of a princess. I am thinking either the Jubilee or the Square H&A or the PoH would fit what I am looking for?... round type of sparkle with lots of fire, brilliance and scint in an obviously square shape? I have not seen and am not near GOG to view these in person.
If you are looking for the round H&A type of sparkle, brightness, & fire you will find it in either of the 3 shapes you mention above. I can let you know what Jubilee''s are on their way, but if there currently isn''t one available the PoH''s would definitely do the job. You''ll be able to see the visual differences in appearance, particularly the optics you characterize in your description between pin point sparkle and broad flash in the vid we''re currently editing on the subject.

Kind regards,

sera

Ideal_Rock
Great... I''ll be looking for the video! I''m not in a rush to purchase... a portion of my budget is available, so I either buy the setting or the diamond first. I am really excited I have some great options since I am unsure about the Asscher.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
30.gif
Very pretty!!!

sweetskee707

Rough_Rock
By any chance, is the cut of this diamond similar to Whiteflash''s X-factor? (I hope this isn''t a silly question, I am truly a novice when it comes to diamonds, etc.)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would love a Jubilee or a Flanders or possibly a PofH''s. I love octagonal brilliant cuts.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2007 6:46:19 PM
Author: Gypsy
I would love a Jubilee or a Flanders or possibly a PofH''s. I love octagonal brilliant cuts.
Me too. Can''t wait to see a video of this thing.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2007 7:41:37 PM
Author: Ellen
Date: 8/27/2007 6:46:19 PM
Author: Gypsy
Me too. Can''t wait to see a video of this thing.
Me three! It''s another candidate for my future bezel-set pendant ... if I don''t spring for the Lucida
3.gif
Hope they cut some willy willy *small* ones!
25.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2007 6:36:02 PM
Author: sweetskee707
By any chance, is the cut of this diamond similar to Whiteflash's X-factor? (I hope this isn't a silly question, I am truly a novice when it comes to diamonds, etc.)
i was just about to ask that- it does look similar

V. pretty!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2007 6:36:02 PM
Author: sweetskee707
By any chance, is the cut of this diamond similar to Whiteflash''s X-factor? (I hope this isn''t a silly question, I am truly a novice when it comes to diamonds, etc.)
totaly different facet style.
The x-factor is a modified princess cut where these have RB type pavilions.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Wow, this looks like a really beautiful cut! Can''t wait to see the video comparison.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great clips. The PoH is sure a stunner. I''d love to see it next to a Jubilee or Flanders.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Wow! The clips are great and the diamonds are amazing! Those clips are really what I needed. I would like to see the PoH next to the Jubilee, so I can't wait til they come in! I love both the PoH and the Sq.H&A. I just saw a Cushette a couple days ago... very nice, beautiful in the video.

I would also really love to see an Asscher in comparison... maybe it would help me decide!

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...that video is great!
36.gif
I wish I would have known about this before I bought my H&A RB a few months ago...I love the square shape of princesses but I was wooed by the sparkle of the H&A.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2007 12:16:46 AM
Author: WorkingHardforSmallRewards
Or does it mean that it is NOT an AGS0 H&A quality cut round, because that is not common. Is it saying that the round is a fairly poor performer, but is average in the diamond market? Thus they are comparing fairly poor performing but ''average'' diamonds to their new POH cut?
I think that is what they were saying... I believe they compared the PoH to a typical RB and a typical Princess- non-premium cuts that are not in the top 1%, then they also did compare it to a round H&A in the top 1% and a ACA(? AGS0?) Princess.

Date: 8/29/2007 12:32:32 AM
Date: 8/29/2007 12:16:46 AM

Author: WorkingHardforSmallRewards

Or does it mean that it is NOT an AGS0 H&A quality cut round, because that is not common. Is it saying that the round is a fairly poor performer, but is average in the diamond market? Thus they are comparing fairly poor performing but 'average' diamonds to their new POH cut?

I think that is what they were saying... I believe they compared the PoH to a typical RB and a typical Princess- non-premium cuts that are not in the top 1%, then they also did compare it to a round H&A in the top 1% and a ACA(? AGS0?) Princess.

WHHHOOOOPPS I guess I need to be more careful. I watched it halfway through and for some reason thought it was over and came to post. MY FAULT!

I still think that the Round looks better, but they are pretty darn close. Sorry for criticizing, its an excellent video, I am going to request that post be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results