shape
carat
color
clarity

Pricing in the Bay Area, CA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

madvaz

Rough_Rock
I just put down a deposit for a diamond that is .75 CT, SI1, F Color from Joe Escobar. The total cost was 3225.00. I was curious to know if I could find a better deal else where or did I get a fair price on it?

Also, when and if I do decide to pay the remainding balance do I need to get it appraise by the diamond itself or do I take the full setting (band and diamond)?

Thanks

Rebemdee

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know if the price is competitive; for my diamond, we looked on Blue Nile, did the searches on the engine provided here on the home page, and looked in stores, and entered all the same stats to compare. I''m sure other people here will have a better idea of pricing.

I have been to Joe Escobar, and drool every time I walk in. Their jewelry is beautiful. I also found they have great service; we got my ring from Blue Nile, but I wanted it checked to make sure it was well set. They looked it over and polished it, and I offered to pay but they said there was no cost. I was really impressed with that. I guess you may pay more for the diamond at their store, but I think you get service there that you don''t get from an internet provider. If that''s important to you, the price might be worth it.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Running a quickie search on PS shows that .74-.76c F SI1 AGS0 stones range from 2900-3200 so your sounds about right at the high end but still in the range..do you know anything about the cut? If the cut is not good then it may go for cheaper. Do you have any specs on it, aka GIA cert info or Sarin results?

I would get the diamond appraised and then bring it back to have it set..use an independent appraiser or someone who can give you a verification, good luck!

madvaz

Rough_Rock
thanks for the tip Mara. I will make sure to get it appraised somewhere else before it get set. The cut is very good and yes it does has a GIA report with it. So far it sounds like I got a fair deal!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results