shape
carat
color
clarity

Price on an OEC, 1.20

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laughinggravy

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to bring this up again, but I''m going to have to make a decision soon, and I really need some advice.

Could any expert give me a ball park idea of how much a J, SI1, 1.20 OEC (eye clean from top, two small inclusions from the base, white in a white gold bezel), nice lively stone would be worth.

I know it''s very approximate, but I''m seriously thinking of trading it in as part payment for a ring and sight unseen, from the above description they''re prepared to offer $3K if it meets the description above.

The only value I''ve had set on it was a really inflated estimate for insurance from Bonhams auction house, that was for a waaay over the top £7k (pounds not dollars - so that''s no guideline). So I''m at sea. They said nearer $5k if it had been VS1 and 3K if SI 1.

I really need some help - I just need to know if that sounds fair. It''s not a cash price it''s a trade, as mentioned. Does that make a difference.

Suggestions please? Many thanks,
A

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
as you already know, you aren''t giving the experts here a lot to go on...if you use the "pricescope your diamond" tool at the top of the page, you''ll see that dirt cheap diamonds is selling a 1.19 J S1 oec for around $3600...a $3000 trade-in value on your stone would seem to be in the ballpark.

having read your previous post, I know $3000 is only a small part of the purchase price of your dream ring and I''m sure it would help if your trade-in was closer to the $5000 that a VS1 might bring...it''s too bad that you can''t keep your oec and find another way to get that dream ring..it would be a shame if you end up regretting that you don''t have your original stone
8.gif

laughinggravy

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for getting back to me - I appreciate it. Yup it is a tough call but I''ll send it to them and we''ll see how it goes. Sorry, I didn''t realise that tool existed, thanks for pointing it out.

Hope you''re having a good weekend,
A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results