shape
carat
color
clarity

Possible to get a square-ish cushion under around 1.25 ct?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

love rocks

Rough_Rock
Is it possible to see the "rounded-square" shape in a well-cut antique or modern cushion cut stone, in a 1.25 ct weight? OR does it look best 2ct and up?

TIA

OOPS, ETA: I'm looking for a stone AROUND 1.2, not under.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I have a "rounded square" Old Mine Cut that's .96 and it looks great.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
There are 3 pictures here about 3/4 down the page. Look for my name. The pictures aren't great, but you can get an idea.

Show Me the Ring

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 6/18/2004 2:37:38 PM love rocks wrote:

I'm looking for a stone AROUND 1.2, not under.

----------------

Hm... the parameters of the cut vary allot among the "cushion cut" diamonds ( actually, there is no single facet pattern for the name ) and so does size. You can find cushion cuts aywhere from 50% to 80% deep and obviously the size of these stones would be quite different for the same weight. Given this, it may help pin down some refference size (in milimeters, not carats) that you are looking for and start from there.

There are quite a few examples of rings with cushion cut diamonds at Icestore and a few stores display pictres of such stones loose (around here Niceice, GOG, Diamonds by Lauren and THIS).

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
There are currently some beautiful smaller Cushion cuts on the market some even with Hearts & Arrows.

I have recently seen one in Israel with magnificent visual performance far superior to a number of current branded fancy shapes and pretty close to super Ideal rounds

Johan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results