shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help my friend with these SPECS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcard71

Rough_Rock
which diamond is a better deal? Thank you all for your help!

GIA CERT
round brilliant
6.69-6.74 x 4.23mm
weight: 1.20 carat
depth: 63.0%
table: 58%
girdle: med to vtk
cutlet: none
polish: good
symetry: good
clarity: SI1
color: H
flur: medium blue
$6,200

GIA CERT
round brilliant
6.94-7.01 x 4.24mm
weight: 1.26 carat
depth: 60.6%
table: 60%
girdle: med to stk
cutlet: none
polish: very good
symetry: very good
clarity: SI2
color: J
flur: medium blue

$4,700

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Are they both eye-clean? How color sensitive is the girl? Do you have the crown/pavillion angles?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The questions asked above are good ones. Especially the "eye clean" issue.

The unsophisticated consumer probably would pick the larger diameter stone as simply more bang for the buck. The more careful observer might choose the better color diamond that is quite a bit more money and a little overly deep.

Really, one can''t say which one is truly better looking as beauty is more or less subjective. My preference, even if I could see both diamonds, might just not be your preference. Besides, the fairly large price difference could make one choose without regard to the "look". A budget should be kept to. Maybe a smaller, better diamond, might not only be affordable, but ultimately a prettier stone. Nothing better than further confusing the issue....sorry~!

Maybe it is time to ask your intended to make a choice? Maybe you need to shop some more?
Maybe, you have enough info to do the deed.

jcard71

Rough_Rock
Yes, they are both eye clean and I don''t think she''s really knowledgable about the color.

Any other opinions?

Thanks!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
It is not being so much being knowledagle about the color issue, some here are very familiar with the systems used to grade diamonds and choose J colored stones anyway. Other are more sensitive and can see a tinge of color at G... if she is sensitve to the color issue she will be disappointed that they choose size over other issues.
Date: 8/12/2005 1:03:33 PM
Author: jcard71
Yes, they are both eye clean and I don''t think she''s really knowledgable about the color.

Any other opinions?

Thanks!

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Isn't the 63% depth on the first one a little too deep? And the first one looks like it will hide more weight in the girdle with the med-vthk (vs. the med-sthk of the second stone). Crown and pavillion angles would be nice to have too, as would idealscope images if possible.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
neither?

that first one has a depth of 63% and a vthick girdle, and the second is a 60/60 which isn''t my idea of a good stone (though some would disagree).

also i don''t like that the first stone only has GD GD, the second is slightly more promising at VG VG.

if you can get more info, i suggest it.

but are these your friend''s only two options? how about seeing some real ideal stones? is budget hindering that?

love the med blue fluor though!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results