shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find split prong, pave band settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Hello all,

all i do is research, but i can''t seem to track any of these down. can someone help guide me to them...

I''m thinking of a thin pave band (a la vera wang/michael b --minus the $$$$$) w/ split prongs.

Many thanks!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is one of my all time favorites from Winfields
Diamond channel set cathedral. This elegant ring includes channel set diamonds - approximately .36 ct depending on finger size, lovely claw prongs and impeccable beauty! Shown here set with a 3 ct cushion. Pricing is for ring in platinum in size 4-7.5 and includes channel set diamonds. Center stone additional. Also available in 14 karat white or yellow gold at $895 and 18 karat gold at $995. $1318 for plat. depending on plat. prices at the time you order..

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! it''s very pretty, but i don''t think that i prefer channel set. i''ll keep looking...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
that looks like bead set pave to me. in channel set rings you normally see spaces between the diamonds. in the pic from winfields i see the beads used to set the diamonds. if you like the setting you might give him a call and find out. otherwise, you might be best off going custom with Quest or Whiteflash.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
when i think channel set, i think something more like this:

15325.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
The thing about well done pave work is that you are not going to find it cheap.
What about Scott Kay? Ritani ?
They are both reputable designers, and seem to be a little more reasonable than Michael B or Vera Wang.

ritani micro pave.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I just posted Ritani micro pave.
Here is Scott Kay pave band.
Check out the Pearlman''s website-very informative with lots of pics.
Forgive me with my posts I am a computer idiot.

scott kay pearlmans.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s on from WF
tmb_big_0657-016.jpg.jpg

another one

tmb_big_DSCN0131.jpg.jpg

you could have them do the split prongs

tmb_big_DSCN1451.jpg.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dani-- Love the Ritani-

I actually saw the Ritani''s at Pearlman''s and they are gorgeous, very delicate but well made. If they are in your budget I would go with them in a heartbeat. i don''t know for sure but couldn''t see why they couldn''t do split prongs on this ring..

12QQ18.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s butterfly''s Ritani
30.gif

kayla%20ring%20collage%200205.JPG

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
so it''s possible to take a setting like the ritani and then add split prongs to it
emembarrassed.gif

interesting

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Mrssalvo!

Would you go with the Ritani or Scott Kay pave band? I have seen neither in person, and this is the kind of band I will be getting for my w-band. Just like to get opinions....

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
lovelylulu

gosh, i'm not sure at all. i think they custom make their rings though and i've seen the split prongs on other Ritani rings so I would definitely ask. You could email Bill Pearlman. i'm sure he would know. He's the best and very quick to reply to emails, or you can just give him a call..Pearlmans site

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2005 4:53:32 PM
Author: Dani
Mrssalvo!

Would you go with the Ritani or Scott Kay pave band? I have seen neither in person, and this is the kind of band I will be getting for my w-band. Just like to get opinions....

I didn't look at the Scoot Kay band closely but the Ritani was gorgeous. The beads were perfectly placed and even which is very important to me. I am very picky
2.gif
I've been thinking of Ritani for my own upgrade. I would probably email or call bill and ask him his opinion. He may be able to offer some jeweler insight we don't know about
1.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2005 4:44:30 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Dani-- Love the Ritani-

I actually saw the Ritani''s at Pearlman''s and they are gorgeous, very delicate but well made. If they are in your budget I would go with them in a heartbeat. i don''t know for sure but couldn''t see why they couldn''t do split prongs on this ring..

12QQ18.jpg
Actually, I don''t think they can do the split prongs, I asked Ritani when they remade my e-ring to make claw prongs instead of the round prongs and they said they would try, but they told me a few days later that they were unable to do it, not enough metal so they were afraid it would not hold the diamond well, plus it would change the overall look of their design.
After I got the ring, I even contemplated bringing the ring to L Mege and asking him to make the prongs split claw prongs, but I was so paranoid that he would mess up some other part of the ring that I decided against it.
2.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
You could always go the custom route...that''s what I did, and I''m completely pleased with both the price I paid and the finished product:

anniesplitprongs1.jpg

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks butterfly! i thought that might be too easy.
emstar.gif

medgirl: your ring is beautiful and i just might have to go custom to get what i''m picturing in my head. though, if that is the case i might have to wait on the custom setting and channel most of my budget into the stone itself.

does anyone know of a plain platinum solitaire setting with split prongs suited for an EC???

Mrs. Salvo: your upgrade is going to be amazing! i''m sooo excited for you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results