shape
carat
color
clarity

please help... making decision soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

n0t0ri0s

Rough_Rock
ok here''s the deal.. i''m close to pulling the trigger on a purchase, but still haven''t found the "perfect" diamond, which would be an ideal hearts and arrows round ideal cut, clear (D-F), and with high clarity. the choices now (all ideal cut AGS 0 h/a rounds, formated as carat/color/clarity/polish/symm/proportions):

1.2 F/VVS2/id/id/id --> HCA 1.4 high/VH/VH on brilliancescope around $12k

1.2 F/VS1/id/id/id --> HCA 1.1, triple VH on brilliancescope around $11k

1.5 F/VVS2/ex/ex/id --> HCA 1.2, high/VH/high on brilliancescope at $18k

1.6 D/VS2/ex/ex/id --> HCA 1.0, triple VH on brilliancescope around $18k

cost is a consideration, but if they are truly better, i may be able to pay the higher dollar amt. size is a slight factor, but not top priority.

is there one of these stones that is a "better" deal? i imagine the 2 triple VHs would look better to the naked eyes (the lightscopes appear to look a bit better to the untrained eye). are these prices too high for what i''m getting? in an ideal world, i''d want a 1.4 F/IF/id/id/id with triple VH... but that''s not exactly the easiest thing to find. i need to make a decision soon. please help!!! THANKS IN ADVANCE.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
do you have more information on these stones?......some idealscope images, perhaps?

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
There is obviously a big difference in size and price, that only you can decide between. Of the 4, the information is certainly not complete enough for me to make a decision, but I''d eliminate #1 and #3 since I don''t like to pay extra for clarity that is invisible.

Lynette

Rough_Rock
To the "naked, untrained eye"- it would be my guess that you wouldn''t be able to pick out the three vh''s like you imagine. The differences are too incremental.
I have a super-ideal .8 on the hca and I can''t pick it out of a line up for the life of me. I love knowing that I have such a nice stone but I think next time around I would not pay for the numbers alone.
...just my two cents worth
19.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
If you haven''t, make sure you: a) read the tutorial here, and b) do your own comparison on the couple of comparison databases here (see above "Pricescope your diamond.")

Presuming you have the benefit of that background
- I''ll just confirm #1 & #4 seem more "fairly" priced, if that makes much of a difference
- I''d personally be drawn more to #2 for both it''s qualities, and relative savings, but would pass because others, if you compare on those databases, are more economical finds with those characteristics
- but given your desire for high clarity, I''d be drawn to #1, for the combination of value and featuures.

n0t0ri0s

Rough_Rock
thanks for the tips guys. i bought #2. with a ISEE2 of 9.8, i figured i couldn''t go wrong.
1.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/3/2005 12:31:14 AM
Author: n0t0ri0s
thanks for the tips guys. i bought #2. with a ISEE2 of 9.8, i figured i couldn''t go wrong.
1.gif
congrats, looks like a beauty,
30.gif
10.gif
GOG (Jonathan)
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results