shape
carat
color
clarity

* Please Help! I Found My Dream Engagement Ring But I Am Not A Fan Of Milgrain -- Can You Please Hel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Asscher102

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! :) I am soo in love with this ring. Three pictures of it are included below. It is my dream engagement ring. The round pave mixed with the princess pave. The thickness of the band. The way that the diamonds still continue on the band even underneath the diamond instead of seperating for it. Just everything! To me it's perfect. The ONLY thing that I really don't like is the milgrain all over the edging. I know it's so tiny that you could barely see it but I hope you can understand that I just like what I like I guess, you know?? loll :) I would want to put anywhere between a 1.00 carat and 1.50 carat Round diamond in it and my finger size is 3.75 or 4. Can any of you please, please, please help me find something similar or almost exactly like this ring except with smooth edges all over instead of any milgrain? Also for much cheaper than $4,000 please!! LoL :) Cuz that's how much this one is. It's over 2cts with F color and VS2 diamonds. Something alottt cheaper but similar in looks without any milgrain. Even if you could find this ring pre-set with a round diamond, that would be terrific too. Thank you so much for taking the time read this and I thank all of you in advance for all of your wonderful and helpful responses! HAPPY 4TH OF JULY EVERYONE!!!! :) More pics included in the replies below.

Z84y394oh.jpg

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/4/2008 2:27:03 PM
Author:Asscher102

Hi everyone! :) I am soo in love with this ring. Three pictures of it are included below. It is my dream engagement ring. The round pave mixed with the princess pave. The thickness of the band. The way that the diamonds still continue on the band even underneath the diamond instead of seperating for it. Just everything! To me it's perfect. The ONLY thing that I really don't like is the milgrain all over the edging. I know it's so tiny that you could barely see it but I hope you can understand that I just like what I like I guess, you know?? loll :) I would want to put anywhere between a 1.00 carat and 1.50 carat Round diamond in it and my finger size is 3.75 or 4. Can any of you please, please, please help me find something similar or almost exactly like this ring except with smooth edges all over instead of any milgrain? Also for much cheaper than $4,000 please!! LoL :) Cuz that's how much this one is. It's over 2cts with F color and VS2 diamonds. Something alottt cheaper but similar in looks without any milgrain. Even if you could find this ring pre-set with a round diamond, that would be terrific too. Thank you so much for taking the time read this and I thank all of you in advance for all of your wonderful and helpful responses! HAPPY 4TH OF JULY EVERYONE!!!! :) More pics included in the replies below.
HOLY BLING!!!! I would love to see a profile shot! I would LOVE that with an aquamarine center!!! I can only see one photo though. Perhaps the bench and polish out the miligrain without disturbing the diamonds? It's a pretty unique mounting, so I doubt you'll find exactly what you're looking for without going custom.

Ok, I posted too soon. LOVE LOVE LOVE the profile!!!!! You might however have a hard time finding someone who will do "invisible setting". Its apparently very difficult to work with.

Asscher102

Shiny_Rock
There you go, Sizzle! :) Sorry it took me a little bit to get the rest of the pics up there but it would only let me attach one pic at a time. So I replied to the thread three times with each of the three pics! LoL :) Isn''t it exquisite? :) I''m glad you like it! I hope I can find something cheaper and extremely similar. By the way Sizzle, what do you mean polish off the milgrain, etc? Who would I have to go to for that? Does it ruin the setting, etc? Please let me know when you can! Thanks so much! :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
verrigio makes some similar settings to that style. Have you see this ring in person and tried it on? there are a lot of diamonds in that setting so i''m not sure you''re going to get much lower on price.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2008 2:33:45 PM
Author: Asscher102
There you go, Sizzle! :) Sorry it took me a little bit to get the rest of the pics up there but it would only let me attach one pic at a time. So I replied to the thread three times with each of the three pics! LoL :) Isn''t it exquisite? :) I''m glad you like it! I hope I can find something cheaper and extremely similar. By the way Sizzle, what do you mean polish off the milgrain, etc? Who would I have to go to for that? Does it ruin the setting, etc? Please let me know when you can! Thanks so much! :)

I would check and see if the designer would make it without the milgrain. I wouldn''t have it polished off if it''s a desinger ring, that will effect the value.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I haven't seen anything like it so I won't be able to help you out I'm afraid, but I just wanted to mention that, with all that pave work, if you get it for "much cheaper than $4000" I'm thinking you'll have stones popping out all the time. Not only do all the pave diamonds add up in cost, but the workmanship is pricey too, and if you skimp on that, I think you will probably have lots more problems than if you invest a bit more money up front in a quality setting. Your best bet might be to approach whoever offers that setting you have shown and ask for it without the milgrain.

ETA: Drat, mrssalvo basically said everything I did and faster too.
3.gif

Asscher102

Shiny_Rock
Thank you guys! I appreciate this so much. I''ll still continue searching just in case I somehow miraculously come along something cheaper without the milgrain but I completely understand what you guys are saying. What do you think I should do if the jeweler says that he cannot order it without milgrain or that it doesn''t come without it, etc? Also, do you think $4000 is a good price for this setting alone?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think 4K could be a fair price. Do you know who the designer is?

Asscher102

Shiny_Rock
It''s from Firenze Jewels. I don''t think there is any particular designer though.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whiteflash made something very simiar custom recently:

http://com.pricescope.com/photos/whiteflash/picture3100.aspx

You could send them the pictures and ask for a quote to see if they come close. Their quality is great and their quotes are competitive so that will give you an idea. They would also be able to tell you what changes you would need to make to lower to cost if required.

Asscher102

Shiny_Rock
Dreamer Dachsie, that is PERFECT! That is EXACTLY what I want. Is that for sale?? Do you know if it''s new or used? Do you know the price? Or where to buy that if it IS someone''s? Thank you SO much! :D LoL

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2008 3:14:45 PM
Dreamer Dachsie, that is PERFECT! That is EXACTLY what I want. Is that for sale?? Do you know if it''s new or used? Do you know the price? Or where to buy that if it IS someone''s? Thank you SO much! :D LoL

i''m not dreamer dachsie but the ring she linked you to was a custom ring made by
Whiteflash. you can contact them for a quote and they can easily make one for you. I actually like the Whiteflash version better than the original one you posted
1.gif

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/4/2008 3:47:11 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 7/4/2008 3:14:45 PM

i''m not dreamer dachsie but the ring she linked you to was a custom ring made by
Whiteflash. you can contact them for a quote and they can easily make one for you. I actually like the Whiteflash version better than the original one you posted
1.gif
Oh I like the Whiteflash version too. No worries about invisible settings and a little more subtle, but still pretty blingy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results