shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Help. Buying first pair of Diamond studs .Is this ok?

Miss_Giannina

Rough_Rock
I want my first pair to be very sparkly and have a lot of fire in them . I think i'm set on these two stones

Light Performance Ideal
Polish Ideal
Symmetry Ideal
Shape Round
Carat 0.618
Color F
Clarity VVS2
Cut Ideal
Depth % 61.8
Table % 56.4
Crown Angle 34.8
Star 51.0
Pavilion Angle 40.7
Crown % 15.2
Lower Girdle % 76.0
Measurements 5.45x5.47x3.37
Culet Pointed
Fluorescence Negligible
Girdle Thin to Slightly Thick Faceted

Stone # 2
Light Performance Ideal
Polish Ideal
Symmetry Ideal
Category A CUT ABOVE®
Shape Round
Carat 0.613
Color E
Clarity VVS2
Cut Ideal
Depth % 61.2
Table % 55.8
Crown Angle 34.9
Star 51.0
Pavilion Angle 40.7
Crown % 15.5
Lower Girdle % 76.0
Measurements 5.48x5.52x3.36
Culet Pointed
Fluorescence Negligible
Girdle Thin to Medium Faceted

Is this ok? will it matter that much if one stone is E and the other an F?
Im torn between martini and 6 prong martini for this pair , which do you guys think would be best ?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: Please Help. Buying first pair of Diamond studs .Is this

No one on the face of the earth can tell E and F apart from the face up side.
When set its almost imposible to tell D and F apart.
VVS seems a waste on earrings - but you may have your reasons :angel:

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

My studs are a G and an H. I can't tell them apart and don't know which is what. I bet your E & F will look great together.

I had a similar approach when I bought my studs many years ago and bought AGS 0. After having a cheap pair of questionable quality from pre-PS, I wanted the best quality I could find. I have never regretted it a bit. They look amazing.

I have martini settings and I like them. I have the older ear problem (droopy piercings?) but these sit nice and snug against my ears.

Congratulations on your new studs. Come back with pictures when you get them.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Miss_G: I'm not sure if you're still around - and I'm sorry I didn't respond earlier. I'm not much use when it comes to assessing diamonds, but as it happens, I do own both 3-prong martini and 8-prong martini stud earrings. So here are my thoughts on the settings you're considering:

I love the clean look of the 3-prong martini. It's as close to a "floating" look as you can get, and to my mind it's a sophisticated, modern look. (I do realize that in reality most people aren't going to notice your settings or prongs :wink2: .) I like that the setting sinks into the piercing a bit so that rather than sitting on top of the piercing so that even from the side, pretty much all you see is diamond. Some people have reported that the pointed base of the setting stretches their piercing out, but I haven't experienced that (and I'm pretty fastidious about keeping my piercing holes tiny). But... I don't wear these or any other earrings 24/7. For reference, my 3-prong martini-set studs are about .78 ctw.

My current almost everyday earrings are about .46 ctw studs in 8-prong martini settings. For some reason I just love this setting! It has perhaps a slightly more balanced look than the 3-prongs. It doesn't sink into the piercing hole as much (even thought these are much smaller earrings) but it also doesn't just sit on top of the ear lobe - the side view is more one of prongs than of a basket. My 8-prongs are newer than my 3-prongs, and I have considered having my traditional martinis re-set... but I still like the cleaner look of the 3-prongs so I'm keeping those as they are.

I realize I'm not help at all. ;)) A lot depends on the look you're going for.

I hope you'll come back and post shots of your new earrings.

Miss_Giannina

Rough_Rock

Thank you All for your replies, I still havent made up my mind but will re evealutae going vvs on earring maybe ill save the money by going vs1 or s1 and use that to go a bit bigger :whistle: . I will definitely post pictures once i get them.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Miss_Giannina|1438201416|3908772 said:
Thank you All for your replies, I still havent made up my mind but will re evealutae going vvs on earring maybe ill save the money by going vs1 or s1 and use that to go a bit bigger :whistle: . I will definitely post pictures once i get them.

Save yourself the money (or like you said...go bigger!) Go with the VS or eye-clean SIs. Nobody gets that close to your ears to
be able to see anything.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results