shape
carat
color
clarity

please check out my setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Chevalier

Rough_Rock

Greetings, all! I’m a longtime-lurker, first-time poster here at Pricescope. It’s been more than a year since I found this forum and decided to work at becoming an educated enough diamond buyer to feel comfortable purchasing an engagement ring for my girlfriend. I’ve learned so much reading here thanks to you all!

I do need some help on a question to which I can’t seem to find the answer, though I’m confident one of you folks will solve my puzzle in a flash. I just received a purportedly 950 platinum setting I ordered online and, to make a long story short, the platinum inscription on the ring puzzles me; it has a number “4” (or is that simply a symbol I’m ignorant of? It looks vaguely familiar, like something from science class…) before the “950’ for which I can’t find any explanation.. I’ve taken a photo in which I hope you can see the inscription and others better displaying the setting itself. Please take a look and tell me what you think of the workmanship, etc., too. Thanks again for all the great information!

Setting with PT inscription (smaller).JPG

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Bump for someone who might know the answer. That would not be me.
2.gif

shay

Chevalier

Rough_Rock
Here’s a better picture of the inscription.
33.gif

Setting with PT inscription.JPG

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
It looks like "PT a symbol 950" - The inscription looks okay, Platinum 950.
I''ve seen the symbol before, I''m just not sure what it means.
I''m sure one of the experts will know.

The setting is really pretty!

Scintillating...

Chevalier

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Scintillating. That makes me feel somewhat better.
35.gif
And I glad to hear another’s voice who likes the setting; it’s been lonely shopping for this ring! Hopefully one of the experts will weigh in and identify this symbol. I have a diamond (which I spent months searching for!) at Whiteflash waiting for this setting and I want to be confident in it before I take it to the post office. Btw, does anyone who’s mailed a setting through USPS have an opinion on how it should be packaged?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh has a thread in "diamond hangout" about sending a ring. Most people there said to do registered/insured mail.

Chevalier

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Tacori. I’ve read that thread (probably every thread
19.gif
). Yes, I will be sending it registered/insured through the USPS (I have no choice as that’s what they want). I’m wondering specifically about the packaging. I mean, the setting came in a lovely ring box inside another tiny cardboard gift box inside a large padded envelope inside a large logo-covered UPS box. For anyone’s whose actually sent through USPS, what exactly did you do as far as packaging? Thanks.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh that is a pretty setting! very nice.
as far as packaging, i would put it in the ring box and then bubble wrap (or a bubble mailer) and then an outer box.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that setting it''s beautiful. Welcome to PS!!! So glad you decided to post and get out of lurkerdom!!!
35.gif
36.gif

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
When I sent my diamond USPS, I sent had the diamond in an envelope, inside of another envelope. They are not picky about how it is packaged at all. Even though mine was insured for $25,000, the man at the post office said a single envelope is fine.

Chevalier

Rough_Rock
Thanks, kaleigh! Yes, I guess in lurking I was like the guy at the party who stands and sips his drink and enjoys hearing what others have to say; I didn’t speak, but I have been at the party!
35.gif
I’m glad you like the setting! I was so sorry to read about your ring problem. How did you end up packing your ring for USPS shipment?

Chevalier

Rough_Rock
Thanks, jazmine.
1.gif
I guess this is a little different since it’s a setting in a (very nice) little ring box which I’d hate to see damaged.
23.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chev,
The guy at my post office gave me a small priority box and then slipped the ring box inside of it. There was no wiggle room so it should be safe. HTH

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2005 6:29:32 PM
Author: Chevalier
Thanks, jazmine.
1.gif
I guess this is a little different since it’s a setting in a (very nice) little ring box which I’d hate to see damaged.
23.gif
Tell me about it. My diamond which they shipped in a couple of flimsy envelopes was appraised at $29,700.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a LOVELY setting - would you mind sharing with us where you got it from? I''m looking for settings myself, and I really like that one!

Chevalier

Rough_Rock

Thanks kaleigh and all!

1.gif

And, ecf8503, the setting is from Leigh Jay Nacht in NYC.

And still looking for the meaning of that symbol in the inscription above. Anyone?

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
It''s hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like the designers signature symbol. Like a hallmark used on pottery. Did you ask the site where you bought it from? They should know.

Chevalier

Rough_Rock
I’m confident, as Scintillating suggests, that the symbol is a common one in the jewelry trade and not at all particular to this jeweler. I’m now sure I saw it in college, but those memories fade fast. Any experts care to tell us what it means exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results