shape
carat
color
clarity

Photo of fluorescent diamond (see inside)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I think I captured it in this pic (disclaimer: monitors are not all calibrated the same, so it may look different to you). This is a D color diamond with strong blue fluor. I think it''s positively yummy!
1.gif

bluefluorPS.jpg

kpebbles

Shiny_Rock
that is a very cool pic q! i've never seen these diamonds that flouresce, but i can see how some think it a quite desirable trait.. is this one that you own yourself? it's amazing.
1.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Tee hee... well, I don't own it (YET!). We'll see what becomes of this pup. I do love the color though!
2.gif

kpebbles

Shiny_Rock
yes, that is one beautiful stone! make sure to post if you become the lucky owner
1.gif

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that's incredible.... I've been really tempted by those blue flour stones, but I'd better not ask Robin and Todd for anything else than I've already done (as that appears to be hard to find already...).

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
flourescence is a beautiful thing!

victorianblue

Rough_Rock
Help me out--I am just learning--What is the appearance like sunlight and overcast days?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Kewl pics, Quaer!! Thanks so much for sharing!!
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, I love it.
Get it, get it.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh that's pretty. I think I'm really starting to be swayed toward the fluorescence side.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for the nice comments! It's been very hard to find well- or ideal cut stones in high colors with more than faint blue fluor. I'm glad I kept looking. I haven't entirely decided about this one yet, but that's a longer story for another thread...

victorianblue- the first picture was taken in direct sunlight. the second picture in diffuse ambient light, not direct, what you might expect on an overcast day. Hope that helps.

Jenn

Rough_Rock
My e-ring has medium blue flourescence and if the sun catches it just right, it gives off a faint beautiful violet hue...just lovely! Yes, I definitely view it as a plus too!!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I can't believe how blue that looks! It's very unique. I've always thought anything over medium fluorescence would make a stone appear oily, but this stone looks great!

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Researcher-

Yep, when I started looking, I was worried that most fluorescing stones wouldn't look clean and clear. So far, the only one I've seen that exhibits that milkiness is at the Smithsonian - it's a giant Asscher, if memory serves, and it's got intense blue fluor. Cool, but I wouldn't want that cloudiness in a piece of jewelry. I'll post pics if I can find 'em. I recently looked at a 1 ct G with very strong blue fluor - couldn't have been crisper and clearer. When I took it into the sun, it got this really cool lavender hue. Still clear, just a hint of the color, but very pretty. In fact, it looked like a D outdoors!
1.gif
Cool stuff, diamonds!
2.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
It's an absolutely gorgeous stone. Thank you so much for sharing and changing at least my perspective on strong fluorescence in a colorless stone. I think I may prefer it!

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Not a great pic thru the glass, but here's that Asscher cut...

PSasscherVSB.jpg

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
And while we're on the topic, perhaps the most famous fluorescing diamond is the one below... Probably not news to folks on this forum, but this blue diamond actually fluoresces red!

Edited to add: the Hope diamond!

hopePS.jpg

researcher

Ideal_Rock
That's a beautiful stone, but it does look rather oily. That would bug, because I would always be wanting to clean my stone! Then again, if it was that big I don't think I'd mind too much! Thanks for sharing all of this! You've really changed my opinion of fluorescence!

msb2ncsu

Rough_Rock
I'd be happy with just one of the accent stones around the Hope!
9.gif

Edit: Heh, forgot to comment on the topic at hand... I think the blue fluorescence looks beautiful, sort of the opposite effect of the "warm" diamonds... very "ice" like.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 6/24/2004 11:03:26 PM Hest88 wrote:

Oh that's pretty. I think I'm really starting to be swayed toward the fluorescence side.----------------
(In soft yet hauntingly clear and powerful voice) Hess, Hess, use the power of the fluorescence!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I don't know if it is reflections of the surroundings or not, but I love the lavendar shades that are accompanying the blue.

I have always loved strong fluorescence so long as it does not cause a milky overblue look. This stone obviously does not show up as an overblue.

Wink

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 6/25/2004 1:49:49 AM researcher wrote:

It's an absolutely gorgeous stone. Thank you so much for sharing and changing at least my perspective on strong fluorescence in a colorless stone. I think I may prefer it!----------------

I hear ya! For me it started out as a cool thing I wanted to find out more about... Now It's turned into a "must-have." Glad you like it!
1.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 6/25/2004 8:42:25 AM msb2ncsu wrote:

I'd be happy with just one of the accent stones around the Hope!
9.gif

Edit: Heh, forgot to comment on the topic at hand... I think the blue fluorescence looks beautiful, sort of the opposite effect of the 'warm' diamonds... very 'ice' like.----------------

Hey There fellow Wolfpacker!!!!!!!

By now, everyone knows how I feel about Bl. Fluor. Wouldn't buy a stone without it. I think the stones look more plugged in. Plus, I heard that the lab created diamonds can not pocess Fluor.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
My stone is a G with medium blue fluorescence. I think it sometimes looks like the pic you posted, quaeritur, but I'm not sure. I need to look at it more in direct sunlight. I've never been able to "notice" the fluorescence much but I wasn't sure exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for posting the picture!

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Anybody but me and researcher think it looks hazy in the first pic? Especially compared to the second, "low light" photo.

I suppose it could be the focus.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results