shape
carat
color
clarity

Pave Rings and losing stones-- kind of a poll.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so... if you want to participate please post:

1. Who made your ring.

2. How long you've had it.

3. How many stones you've lost in that time.

4. If you've broken any stones (instead of just having them fall out)

5. And what your wear habits are with the ring.

6. Is it your 'primary' ring, is it a setting for your e-ring, or your wedding band, or a RHR, or whatever

If you have multiple pave rings feel free to provide information on any of them.

Me:

1. Scott Kay

2. 2.5 years

3. None.

4. None.

5. Wear it 24/7 and give it no break. Showers, cleaning you name it.

6. My wedding band

Also

1. Ocean Pearlman

2. Four Years

3. 3 fell out.

4. I broke one.

5. I wore it almost everyday when I first got it, as I started losing stones I got more careful with it. Now I wear it only on weekends out of the house.

6. My engagement ring halo.

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy|1296610110|2840099 said:

1. Who made your ring.
dimend scaasi
3 years
only one came loose, but that was b/c I put it in an ultrasonic cleaner. oops!
none
I wear it everyday, but I take it off when I get home. I have a Tiffany Etoile (18kt) band that I wear the rest of the time.
6. Is it your 'primary' ring, is it a setting for your e-ring, or your wedding band, or a RHR, or whatever
yes, primary ring
If you have multiple pave rings feel free to provide information on any of them.

LC10anni3.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you mean "pave" rings? Because I'm not sure any of the rings mentioned so far are "pave" per se. My own wedding band is *bead set* and my engagement ring has bead-set, channel set and prong set stones ... but I wouldn't classify either of them as "pave". Maybe some clarification is needed so folks know whether they should respond or not.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock

1. Who made your ring. Michael B

2. How long you've had it. 2years

3. How many stones you've lost in that time. 0

4. If you've broken any stones (instead of just having them fall out)no

5. And what your wear habits are with the ring.lately I have been wearing just bands, but I wore it always and I am pretty hard on my jewelry

6. Is it your 'primary' ring, is it a setting for your e-ring, or your wedding band, or a RHR, or whatever ering/wb

If you have multiple pave rings feel free to provide information on any of them. I had really bad luck with beverly k, kept losing stones

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
decodelighted|1296610910|2840118 said:
Do you mean "pave" rings? Because I'm not sure any of the rings mentioned so far are "pave" per se. My own wedding band is *bead set* and my engagement ring has bead-set, channel set and prong set stones ... but I wouldn't classify either of them as "pave". Maybe some clarification is needed so folks know whether they should respond or not.

You must have read my mind. I consider my wedding band bead-set and I couldn't decide if I was supposed to reply or not!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock

1. Who made your ring. Simon G

2. How long you've had it. 5.5 yrs

4. If you've broken any stones (instead of just having them fall out)Nope

5. And what your wear habits are with the ring.Wear it all the time except when I clean, shower and sleep- I don't go around banging my hand on things but I definitely don't baby it. I also cleaned it in an ultrasonic cleaner every other day til last year when I learned you shouldn't. Oops :rolleyes:

6. Is it your 'primary' ring, is it a setting for your e-ring, or your wedding band, or a RHR, or Primary ring- ering setting

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
1. Who made your ring. My only pave piece is my wedding band which is Leon's brightcut without multigrain about 2mm wide.

2. How long you've had it. I started wearing it daily about 4.5 months ago. Wow, I have really been married that long????

3. How many stones you've lost in that time. None

4. If you've broken any stones (instead of just having them fall out) No

5. And what your wear habits are with the ring. I wear it to work which is a clinical setting with small children, do some minor procedures with gloves over it, and wear it when I am "out and about." I don't wear it when cooking or cleaning. The only time I took it off at work was when I was learning how to cast. Plaster + pave = no bueno.

6. Is it your 'primary' ring, is it a setting for your e-ring, or your wedding band, or a RHR, or whatever Yes, with my e-ring those are the rings I wear the most. I do wear them next to each other.

If you have multiple pave rings feel free to provide information on any of them. Ahhh....maybe someday :cheeky:. But right now, it is my only pave ring.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
My hubby got me a Michael B wedding band for our anniversary last year:

1. Who made your ring. Michael B

2. How long you've had it. 6 months

4. If you've broken any stones (instead of just having them fall out)no

5. And what your wear habits are with the ring: I pretty much wear it all the time. I will take it off if I know I'm going to be doing something that would be hard on it.

6. Is it your 'primary' ring, is it a setting for your e-ring, or your wedding band, or a RHR, or whatever engagement ring: wedding band

I

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

1. Who made your ring. HOF
2. How long you've had it. 18 months

3. How many stones you've lost in that time. none

4. If you've broken any stones (instead of just having them fall out) no

5. And what your wear habits are with the ring. I wear it daily, but remove it at night, doing household chores, dog grooming etc.

6. Is it your 'primary' ring, is it a setting for your e-ring, or your wedding band, or a RHR, or whatever It's my engagement ring

The answers are the same for my wedding band, which was custom made by Saturn Jewels.

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
I am embarrassed to post :oops: :oops: :oops: I purchased this ring prePricescope. Many PS'ers may gasp in horror when they learn where my ring is from :-o However, even after PS, I still love my ring. It has no visible inclusions. It was in their "pre-owned" section. I really do not think I overpaid. They still sell the ring new (for almost double what I paid) and comparable rings online are around the price I paid.

1. Who made your ring.
Helzberg :oops:

Almost one year

Zero

Zero

I wear it everyday. I take it off when I clean/do dishes/ practically anything in the house. I am sure that I have banged my hand once or twice against a door or wall... I try not to, but sometimes it happens!

primary RHR

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Since he's at the center of the board drama right now let's use Leon's catagories: http://www.artofplatinum.com/vault/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=79&Itemid=36

=)

But if your ring is bead set, just say it's bead set and provide the same information in the list. I'm not a pave-nazi.

CherryBlossom

Shiny_Rock
I'm so glad you posted this! love love love you! I'm trying to decide what type of pave to go with right now. I think we should make a real good list of them along with pix, etc.

As far as I know there's fishtail/v-cut/french cut (which look a lot alike) Mushroom/Cutdown/U, Royal pave (which really looks like V-cut with small engravings on the side, and brightcut. I'm trying to decide which one will not only look the best but not fall apart in a short amount of time. I have heard of so many horror stories both on and off of this site.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
1. Who made your ring. Leon Mege, 3-side bright-cut pave, 3/4 around

2. How long you've had it. 3 years

3. How many stones you've lost in that time. zero

4. If you've broken any stones (instead of just having them fall out) zero

5. And what your wear habits are with the ring. I wear it out but I don't wear it to clean house.

6. Is it your 'primary' ring, is it a setting for your e-ring, or your wedding band, or a RHR, or whatever ering

Lula

Ideal_Rock
1. Who made your ring. High Performance Diamonds (Wink's bench)

2. How long you've had it. 18 months

4. If you've broken any stones (instead of just having them fall out)No

5. And what your wear habits are with the ring.Wore it everyday, but took it off when doing housework, gardening, sports

6. Is it your 'primary' ring, is it a setting for your e-ring, or your wedding band, or a RHR, or whatever Until a few weeks ago, it was my primary ring; now a RHR

Other details: Beadset halo set with .02 mm sapphires; cathedral sides beadset with diamonds and sapphires; 18 kt. white and yellow gold

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. Who made your ring. Tiffany (2mm Legacy wedding band, stones are bead set with milgrain edge)

2. How long you've had it. 4 years

3. How many stones you've lost in that time. none

4. If you've broken any stones (instead of just having them fall out). No

5. And what your wear habits are with the ring. Wear anytime I leave the house, do not wear when doing any kind of housework

6. Is it your 'primary' ring, is it a setting for your e-ring, or your wedding band, or a RHR, or whatever. primary w-band

My band is perfectly made. I have no complaints about it other than it is overpriced.

Gypsy, thanks for the pave tutorial link! I had forgotten some of that. Beadset rings are a type of pave.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock

1. Who made your ring.-- Bench Jeweler at Darakjian Jewlers in Southfield, MI

2. How long you've had it.-- 4 1/2 years

3. How many stones you've lost in that time.-- zero!

4. If you've broken any stones (instead of just having them fall out)--Nope

5. And what your wear habits are with the ring. --I wear it every day, (I'm a teacher). I do take it off when working out and cleaning.

6. Is it your 'primary' ring, is it a setting for your e-ring, or your wedding band, or a RHR, or whatever-- My e-ring

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. Who made your ring. Golda Jewelry, main stone re-set by Hummingbird Jewelers(e-ring) Estate Diamond Jewelry.com (w-band)
2. How long you've had it. 5 years (e-ring) 4 years (w-band)
3. How many stones you've lost in that time. none (e-ring) none (w-band)
4. If you've broken any stones (instead of just having them fall out). No
5. And what your wear habits are with the ring. Wear both constantly. Only take e-ring off to shower. Never take w-band off. Do housework. Gardening. Sleep with them on. Etc.
6. Is it your 'primary' ring, is it a setting for your e-ring, or your wedding band, or a RHR, or whatever. primary bands, no stackers

Other relevant stats & info: My e-ring is PT 900. The original prongs did not work out for me & the keystone kept coming loose. I had the head removed and integrated new prongs set deeper into the band with a different jewelry designer. No problems since. Its a much more fluid, sturdy design NOW.

And my w-band was made extra rigid by the company at their recommendation -- since it was a larger size than the band usually came in. They advised me that it should be reinforced with additional metal and charged a teensy bit more for that, estimated & approved in advance. But my band is a segmented band with VERY tiny points where the segments meet. It has held up INCREDIBLY well in my opinion. Not a bit out of round. It is hearty (so far-knock wood).

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. Who made your ring. A B&M store made my ering, I think it's probably a stuller or adwar setting. An independent designer (Daniel Bouvier) in Boston made my wbands

2. How long you've had it. Almost 4 years for the e ring and 2 years for the wbands

3. How many stones you've lost in that time. 2 in my ering in the first year (same stone/setting spot) and none since, none in my wbands

4. If you've broken any stones (instead of just having them fall out) No

5. And what your wear habits are with the ring. I wear them daily but take them off to do dishes, shower, sleep, garden, work out or do anything really major with my hands. More because it's not comfortable to do these things with my rings on

6. Is it your 'primary' ring, is it a setting for your e-ring, or your wedding band, or a RHR, or whatever It's my engagement ring and wedding bands.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
1. I have 2 pave bands I wear stacked- one is the Tiffany Novo, and the other is a Daniel K.

2. Tiffany Novc- 3.5 years, the DK band-3 years.

3. none x2.

4. none x 2

5. I am very gentle on my rings, do not wear them to work (Im a nurse). Mostly just on weekends.

6. my wedding bands.

I also put them both in the ultrasonic machine around once a month. No probs so far ;))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m going to admit I’m not sure if my rings are pave or bead set.
1. Quest Jewelers made the ring
2. I’ve owned it for about 5 years
3. Have not lost a single melee
4. Have not damaged any melee
5. Not an everyday wear ring and only worn to work (removed at home). Never used an UC on it either.
6. This is a RHR based on an antique Tiffany engagement ring design

Additional pave rings:
1. Commissioned 2 rings by Whiteflash
2. Owned them for about 1 year and 2 years respectively
3. No lost melee
4. No damaged melee
5. Occasional wear RHR worn with care
6. Coloured stone solitaire and halo design

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

1. Who made your ring.

It's a Kobelli setting and ring was made by my local jeweler.

I've had it 3 years.

None

None

I wear it 24/7. The only time it comes off is when I shower and it gets cleaned.

Primary ER

I have many pave RHR and have only had to replace a stone in one of them. I wear these rings on a rotating basis.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

1. Who made your ring. No idea - purchased at a local B&M in pre-PS days.
2. How long you've had it. 10 years.
3. How many stones you've lost in that time. 1 stone fell out when I dropped the ring on the tile floor in the bathroom. I found the stone and had it reset.
4. If you've broken any stones (instead of just having them fall out) No.
5. And what your wear habits are with the ring. This is my fun ring - occasional wear. When I was PG, my hands swelled a lot and since this ring is a larger size, I ended up wearing it daily in the last trimester as a wedding band.
6. Is it your 'primary' ring, is it a setting for your e-ring, or your wedding band, or a RHR, or whatever. Fun ring

P1010008 (Small).JPG

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
1. Who made your ring? Leon Mege
2. How long you've had it? Band - 6 Months, E-Ring - 2 Months
3. How many stones you've lost in that time? 0
4. If you've broken any stones? No
5. And what your wear habits are with the ring? Band (never). E-Ring is worn daily when out and taken off when I get home.
6. Is it your 'primary' ring, is it a setting for your e-ring, or your wedding band, or a RHR, or whatever engagement ring? Primary e-ring.

-------

1. Who made your ring? Maytal Hannah
2. How long you've had it? 1 Year
3. How many stones you've lost in that time? 0
5. And what your wear habits are with the ring? Daily for several months.
6. Is it your 'primary' ring, is it a setting for your e-ring, or your wedding band, or a RHR, or whatever engagement ring? Secondary ring.

-------

1. Who made your ring? Various china manufacturers (over 15 rings)
2. How long you've had it? 5 months to several years
3. How many stones you've lost in that time? 1 stone from 1 ring was lost during setting
5. And what your wear habits are with the ring? Occasionally
6. Is it your 'primary' ring, is it a setting for your e-ring, or your wedding band, or a RHR, or whatever engagement ring? RHR

-------

1. Who made your ring? Various local jewellers
2. How long you've had it? 5 months to several years
3. How many stones you've lost in that time? No
5. And what your wear habits are with the ring? Occasionally maybe once or twice a month
6. Is it your 'primary' ring, is it a setting for your e-ring, or your wedding band, or a RHR, or whatever engagement ring? RHR

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Good idea, Gypsy! I'll participate; it might be useful to people considering delicate antique settings. I mean, I kind of assumed mine would hold up OK since it was fine for 90 years before I got it! :sick: It's a bezel setting, with lots of delicate piercing and incredibly, incredibly tiny (non-matchable) rose cut melee all over.

1. Who made your ring.

It's about 90-100 years old; not sure!

It survived intact for about 90 years until it ran into me. For about 6 month it was fine. Then it started losing stones left and right.

8 out of 40 or 50 itty bitty melee

Not yet but just give me some time, I'm sure I'll manage it eventually!

I wear it pretty much 24/7, though I don't like lift weights or dig with it on or anything. But I do wear it to bed and to do light chores like dishes, cooking, cleaning catboxes etc. I'd say I'm harder on my jewelry than the average PSer but way, way better than the average layperson.

I call it my e-ring and wear it on my left hand, though it really isn't.

The rest of my pave rings have surived pretty well. The one I had made by Juan Manuel at Van Graff, is fairly pave-intensive and was worn for about two years pretty hard- it stood up to wear very well. It's a handmade piece. The others are not pieces that have much real pave and haven't been worn particularly hard.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

1. Who made your ring.
Ocean Rose Pearlman

9/97 but it's been in a safety box the past year

zero - but one of the rubies on the bottom of the shank came a little loose

none

24/7 even doing dishes - only take it off if I am mixing dough or meat with my hands

left hand ring, only ring worn
file.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

I think the word pave is overused... I don't think my ring is pave, but I think it fits the sentiment of this thread.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
1. Who made your ring. ID jewelry

2. How long you've had it. 400 days (since I have been married)

3. How many stones you've lost in that time. Lost 2 stones in the last month.

4. If you've broken any stones (instead of just having them fall out) no.

5. And what your wear habits are with the ring. I wear it all day every day, take them off to clean.

6. Is it your 'primary' ring, is it a setting for your e-ring, or your wedding band, or a RHR, or whatever. my wedding band.

When one fell out I was going to send it back to ID to be repaired. Now that it has lost two I'm wondering if I should buy something else to replace it and maybe even go with a different vendor and get another pave ring.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
[

1. Who made your ring. Simayof -San Francisco

2. How long you've had it. Dec 18 2010

3. How many stones you've lost in that time. 2

4. If you've broken any stones (instead of just having them fall out) zero

5. And what your wear habits are with the ring. I wear it everyday, I am in sales so I don't work on cars or do gardening in it

6. Is it your 'primary' ring, is it a setting for your e-ring, or your wedding band, or a RHR, or whatever e-ring

Now shopping for replacement before wedding. Looking at Sateen, Stardust, Mark Patterson and Simon G. All settings almost identical to current. I don't want to change styles just workmanship.

bluegirl123

Rough_Rock
1. Who made your ring.
B&M place, from their goldsmith

6 months?

Nearly everyday. I'm rather hard on the ring as I wear it to the gym, gardening, etc.

6. Is it your 'primary' ring, is it a setting for your e-ring, or your wedding band, or a RHR, or whatever.
e-ring/wedding ring

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results