shape
carat
color
clarity

Pave Diamonds

Roygbiv

Rough_Rock
Hi. My girlfriend is interested in the Etoile five-row band ring at Tiffany for an engagement ring, but she is also open to me having a jewler custom make it. Here is a link to the ring: http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/item.aspx?mcat=148204&sku=GRP00081&selectedsku=13482276&cid=287466&search_params=s+1-p+3-c+287466-r+101323351-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t&fromgrid=1#p+2-n+6-cg+viewPaged-c+287466-s+1-r+101323351-t+-ri+-ni+0-x+-pu+-f+

We have looked at the ring in person and it is very beautiful, very sparkly and the quality is obviously very high. Are pave diamonds graded the same as larger diamonds? If I were to have a jewler make this ring, how would I know I am getting the same quality of diamonds (I am assuming there isn't GIA grading for pave)? She really loves the sparkle from all the little diamonds, so I just want to learn more about pave diamonds and how they are classified before walking into a jewler. Also since there are over 100 diamonds on the band, do you think there is any benefit from buying at Tiffany long term (e.g. Some of the pave diamonds coming loose or falling out?). Thank you.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Tiffany has really nice quality melee. If you want top quality melee, try BGD or WF for custom made. With that said, the pave work from Leon Mege, Steven Kirsch and Victor Canera is superior ... their melee is very nice too. I am not sure the average person can tell a difference among the above vendors.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results