shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this diamond please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BigVig

Rough_Rock
Round H&A
1.26 c
H color
VS2 clarity
Depth: 60.6%
Table: 57.1%
Crown A: 34.8
Crown H: 15.1%
Pavillion A: 40.9
Pavillion D: 43.2%
Culet: 0.3
Girdle thickness: 2.5%
Star length: 52.2%
Lower halves: 76.8%

Attached are the light scope and H&A images

Ltscp.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Are you sure that''s the right idealscope image?

The proportions you''ve listed look amazing, but the stone itself looks to have a slight light ring under the table that I wouldn''t expect to see with those prorportions.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its the right image.
The ring wouldnt be as noticable in an idealscope image but its there.
The lightscope makes that combo look worse than it is.
It hits triple VH on the b-scope so the direct light performance is fine.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
It indicates weaker light return and or partial leakage in this case it means the backlight in the lightscope is set too strong for that combo.
Ligher colors in that area are normal but in most ideal-scope images they are a nice pink and not that noticable.
Mostly its a difference in tuning of the scopes.
The b-scope while not perfect hitting triple very high for that diamond indicates its not a problem.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi BigVig,

Excellent question and both strm and Alj are both correct in the insights they have provided. I hope this answer will help clarify to their contribution.

In a diamond with those proportions, under Ideal-Scope pictures (please do not interpret this as an attack on that technology, as there are excellent insights to IS imagery as well) but there is different gemological information garnered from these photographs which are seen in some scopes and not in others. The best way I can think of for me to demonstrate is with another graphic of the same diamond (not this 1.26ct) that was taken under both scopes. (below)

Without getting too technical, the scope we incorporate in our photography shows nuances in reflections from the pavilion through the crown. These nuances can be caused by a diamond being out of round, shift in facet angles in an east/west orientation, the diamond being tilted, and a whole bunch of other stuff that time does not allow me to go into. It is a study I have been undergoing for years and consider myself still very young in this research. If you'd like further commentary please contact me via phone and I will be happy to explain.

Regarding the inner ring. My understanding of this at this point in time is that there is phenomena that causes that inner ring to be either darker red or paler red as caused by a technical thing known as "azimuth shift". This we would discuss on the phone if interested. Instinct tells me the darker reds are caused by secondary reflections on the pavilion. What light conditions is this important in? So far a select few. I will let you know which ones when you call.

Kind regards and thank you Alj and strm for your insights.

Jonathan

lightscopecompare.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results