shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on price needed! Thanks

Briguy247

Rough_Rock
Brand new to the board, so thanks in advance for your insights. Here's the situation: For several months I've been hunting for a cushion cut stone that is 1.4 to 1.6 ct, G/H color, SI1/SI2. The idea is to then add trillions on the sides on a white gold band. This is basically what I'm looking for as the final product: http://www.natalia-diamonds.com/Engagem ... R-048.aspx

Yesterday, I was shown a diamond at a Manhattan diamond district store that has outstanding "fire," but is quite deceptive in size. Because of its larger table and slimmer depth it looks like a 1.5 ct, but in reality is 1.2 ct. Here are the specs:

6.99-5.89-3.54
1.20 ct
Color: I
Clarity: VS1
Polish Good
Symmetry Good
Comments None
Flourescence Faint
Table 63
Depth 60.1
Culet None

What is a fair price for this center stone, plus the setting and two trillions (0.33 cts each)? Again, thanks for your reply!

-Brian

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
can you provide pictures and/or and ASET image of the stone?

I admit I am not overly fond of the trillion sides with a cushion, it detracts from the dlightful cushion shape. Is this a design your gf/the internded wearer chose? If so, great, but if not then it could be a risky choice not to everyone's taste.

Briguy247

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the response! Sorry that I didn't mention the grading report earlier: GIA.

I get that general vibe from folks that trillions on the side of cushion cuts are not prefered, but my GF specifically chose it and seeing it on her finger from trying things out looked very solid.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I actually like trillion sides with a cushion. But I would be wary of buying a cushion without images or ASET images. Are you looking for a more modern (smaller flashes) or a more vintage/antique (larger chunky flashes) looking stone? There are some great tutorials and videos to help you navigate the world of cushions

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks pretty good if the trillions are sort of mounted lower than the cushion. When the sides that meet are the same
height then it sort of takes away from the nice lines of the cushion (IMO).

I like this (they looked mounted lower to me).
http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelr ... trilliants

and I think it depends on the look of the cushion. I dont think I would like trillions with an AVC but trillions with a cushion
that has smaller facets would look fine to me. (of course I like the AVC!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results