shape
carat
color
clarity

opinion on princess cut diamond

reversePass

Rough_Rock
So from your response, I assume that more carat is more worthed than going for higher color / clarity am i right?

Isn't AGS cut rating stricter than GIA?

Does the fact that I have to pay 10% GST if I want to import from James Allen change anything? It means that the 3100 become 3450 and 3900 becomes 4300 roughly.. is it still a better but than 3850 one from Jogia? and if yes, what do you think is the fair price for it ( Jogia's one )

Sorry newbie asking here...

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
It's an ok stone, the aset is nice, but it's small....I guess if she has tiny fingers then ok, but I'm always one to get the biggest I can for the money. Both stones I posted face up pretty white and are quite larger. JA (the vendor) also offers PS members an additional 1-5% discount not including a wire discount (i think), you'd want to verify that with them. I'd also ask them about shipping it to you. I'm not sure what the procedures are over there, but I posted stones from JA because they have a great selection and are well known here. Plus, you can usually find bigger stones for the same budget.

It's up to you though, if you're comfortable with that vendor (I do like that they posted a video, aset and pictures of the stone), then go for it. It's your stone.

smilligan

Shiny_Rock
04diamond<3|1386048485|3566496 said:
It's an ok stone, the aset is nice, but it's small....I guess if she has tiny fingers then ok, but I'm always one to get the biggest I can for the money. Both stones I posted face up pretty white and are quite larger. JA (the vendor) also offers PS members an additional 1-5% discount not including a wire discount (i think), you'd want to verify that with them. I'd also ask them about shipping it to you. I'm not sure what the procedures are over there, but I posted stones from JA because they have a great selection and are well known here. Plus, you can usually find bigger stones for the same budget.

It's up to you though, if you're comfortable with that vendor (I do like that they posted a video, aset and pictures of the stone), then go for it. It's your stone.

There's a pretty big difference between a D and a J, and it's something that 99% of people would notice, IMO.

OP - my advice is to find out what your SO wants. Does she care about color/clarity or size? You can safely drop to an F with a very negligible difference in color. As for cut, AGS is the only lab that provides cut heading for princess cuts, so an AGS stone is definitely recommended. I don't know anything about that vendor, but I think you should figure out what you/she wants before proceeding.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results