shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion- Depth % 58-59 Table % 60-61- nice proportions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

spicolicpa

Shiny_Rock
Alrighty I am getting a .88-.94 ct. diamond.

I want this stone to face up visually similiar to a 1 ct.

I know a stone with a large depth % and small table % appears smaller. (Not concidering cut of course)

So hypothetically my thought is that I would like my stone to have a larger table % in comparison to its depth %.
Depth 58-59 table 60-61

Is this wacky?

Additionally what does:
Measurements: 6.36-6.40 X 3.72

mean when compared to a stone with :

Measurements: 6.13-6.24 X 3.82

This seems like a large variance- in my searches in pricescope what spread would you reccomend looking for?

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I usually stay away from these type of questions but nobody else is helping you so here goes.
Remember you have two goals; a diamond that looks like a 1ct and a pretty diamond. You for sure do not want a fisheye. Find a diamond with a 59 or very low 60% depth, a thin girdle (not very thin), a 60 table and a very good or excellent polish and symmetry. That should do it.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Tough call... It is so difficult to find a spread diamond with 'decent proportions'... Perhaps you can find one with the 'right' crown angle and pavilion angle, but the odds are that you're going to end up with one of those diamonds that just 'sit there'... Do you want a large looking diamond or do you want a diamond that screams 'look at me!' from across the room? If your answer is the latter, look for one with a pavilion angle between 40.5 - 40.9 degrees and you'll have a better chance...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results