shape
carat
color
clarity

online purchasing and appraisals

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

etred

Rough_Rock
Tried to research Affinity Diamonds on pricescope. No one seems to have much knowledge about them. They advertise the same diamonds I''ve seen in pricescope searches, but I''m still kind of hesistant. They have a really nice site so I''m curious as to why no one has really heard of them? Any updates? Has anyone used their service?

also how important is crown height on a fancy shape. I''ve read all the specs and found a stone online that lands in the 1A category for radiant. But the crown height of 9.7% is graded at a 2B level. Does this impact brilliance so much that I would not want this stone?

limey

Shiny_Rock
The resident radiant fans will hopefully see your post. I looked into radiants, even had some of the "Original Radiants" brought in to review at a few stores. I ended up not finding one that impressed me as much as I had hoped. At the time I was comparing them to the HOF Dream diamond (ended up going in a different direction).

Anyway, I saw one that was very good and what was most noteworthy was that it had a generous crown around 13% and what a difference it made. 9.7% will be borderline. I took away from this that crown height was VERY important with Radiants.

Look here for another view on optimal measurements for a radiant:
http://www.radiantcut.com/images/optimal.html

(be careful not to interpret 9.7% as excellent, first they use adjusted numbers, as is explained on that page, second I saw RCDC stones with lower crowns, i.e. below 11%, that were not as nice).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results