shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie Needs help on Table and Depth

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nowhereman17

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

My first post, but let me start by saying how amazing this site is. I've been reading for days and am close to buying and had one question (although probably more to come).

I'm looking at a diamond that is on the upper end of ideal for depth at 62.7% and on the lower end of ideal for the table at 53.4. So I'm wondering what everyone thinks, if it'll be too tall and narrow or have other shortcomings.

Thanks for the input

Dave

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Dave,

Do you have the other numbers (crown and pavilion height/depth, angles), etc?

Lynn

nowhereman17

Rough_Rock
I should have put all the info. Here is the complete info.

.809 ct
Clarity - SI-1
Color - E
Cut - Ideal
diam - 5.96mm (5.91-6.01)x3.76
depth - 63.1%
Table - 3.21mm 53.9%
Crown - 35" 15.7%
Pavil - 41.1" 43.2%
Culet - .6%
girdle - 1.9%

Thanks

note: I had made a mistake on the numbers in my first post. These are the correct numbers.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ok... last post for lunch then back to the grind.
1.gif

While the stone is not "horrendous" I would suggest a tighter set of proportions here. Below is a sim lightscope of this stone and there's a little too much leakage under the table and not enough blacks. I'd pass and continue to see if I could find something with a better set of numbers. The rarest are crown angles between 34-34.5 coupled with pavilion angles between 40.7-40.9 for starters.

br81esi1sim.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here's the gem file on that. Ok ... back to our regularly scheduled program.

Attachments

• nowheremangem.gem
    1.4 KB · Views: 51

nowhereman17

Rough_Rock
Thanks Rhino, I guess that's what I was feeling and just wanted some reassurance from the knowledgable people here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results