shape
carat
color
clarity

New Buyer ?''s

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pokertilt

Rough_Rock
Well, I finally found the perfect woman for me and I''m ready to buy an engagement ring. I''m so nervous about this whole process....the wedding thing mostly. After going to a few B&M jewelers, I decided i''m going to purchase the ring online, since it looks like I can get a much better a deal at some of these online jewelers.

I''m looking to spend about between 6000 - 6300 on the ring. After seeing the difference between an H color diamon and an E and F, I definitely want an E or F color. My question is what online jeweler should I use? I''m thinking I should just use pricescope. Or should I go to individual sites, bluenile, mondera, whiteflsh, etc. Also, is the diamond report important, GIA or AGSL? A B&M jeweler told me that GIA is a more true report.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there, and welcome!

PriceScope is not a vendor, it's a consumer education site. I'd suggest you spend a little time here looking at the tutorial and the vendor list, check out the individual vendors and do some searches for feedback about them. Then see who has what you're looking for in stock and contact them. Remember to have fun while you're at it!
1.gif

Oh, and as far as the certificates go, GIA and AGSL are probably the most widely recognized. There are others that are also good, like PGS. If you have doubts or questions, you're in the right place to ask about stuff!!!

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a search I ran at this link for stones of good cut quality in E-F color... It'll give you an idea of what you can get for your money.

6000srch.gif

pokertilt

Rough_Rock
This is what i'm looking at:

White flash
Item Code: 2789094
Price: $6,389.00
Report: GIA
Shape: Round
Carat: 1.20
Color: F
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 62.8
Table: 57
Girdle: T-TKF
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 6.71-6.80X4.24

White Flash:
Item Code: 2599543
Price: $6,291.00
Report: GIA
Carat: 1.18
Color: F
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 60.8
Table: 57
Girdle: TN-M F
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Faint or Faint Blue
Measurements: 6.84-6.87X4.17

Mondera:
$6,457
Item Number: 447923-3150857
Weight: 1.20 CARATS
Cut Grade: Very Good
Color Grade: F
Clarity Grade: SI1
Laboratory: GIA
Certificate No: 13084148
Measurements: 6.93-7.00x4.15mm
Depth: 59.6%
Table: 58%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly thick
Culet: SMALL
Polish: EXCELLENT
Symmetry: Good
Fluorescence: NONE

Union Diamond:
Stock Number > 43314
Certificate > GIA
Cut > Round
Carat > 1.20
Color > F
Clarity > SI1
Regular Price > $6396
Wire Transfer Price > $6210
Measurements > 6.67-6.73X4.25 mm
Depth Percentage > 63.40 %
Table Percentage > 58 %
Girdle > M-THKF
Culet > N
Polish > Very Good
Symmetry > Good
Fluorescence > None

Union:
Stock Number > 66495
Certificate > GIA
Cut > Round
Carat > 1.19
Color > F
Clarity > SI1
Regular Price > $6075
Wire Transfer Price > $5898
Measurements > 6.76-6.83-4.24 mm
Depth Percentage > 62.40 %
Table Percentage > 56 %
Girdle > ET-STK_F
Culet > N
Polish > Good
Symmetry > Very Good
Fluorescence > None

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Make sure to check out all the vendors here. I won't tell you where to look and not to look, but each has strong points. While most of the prices are competitive, there may be some savings out there. Those that are more expensive tend to come with more bells and whistles information.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
What are your priorities? If you're looking for a 1.2 ct stone that performs well, there are a few on your list I'd eliminate right away. But beyond that, to have an idea of how well a stone might perform, crown and pavilion angles, and an IdealScope image, would be most helpful.

The first stone you listed from Union diamond is WAY too deep. Even though it weighs 1.2 ct, it will look smaller because the weight is hidden in the depth. You can see from the smaller diameter compared to the other stones you have.

bling

Shiny_Rock
i like the second stone you listed from WF..the numbers seem to be around where you want them..some of the other stones, as already pointed out are very deep and paired with thick girdles..that combo will give you carat weight youre paying for, that you will not see because its hidden in the depth of the stone. call WF and inquire further about your options! there are also other great vendors here besides WF..GOG, DI, Niceice..just to name a few.. good luck!
appl.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is this budget for the STONE or the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results