shape
carat
color
clarity

New AGS ideal standards vs. old

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CountryBoy

Rough_Rock
In my search for the right diamond for me, I''ve been seeing some of the new AGS certs (after June 1, 2005) and as I understand the posts here, there is a new standard being applied to the ideal cut. A few stones that I''ve strongly considered have been graded by AGS prior to June 1 and were listed as Ideal. How can I verify the stone would still be ideal under the new AGS system. For one stone in particular, I plugged the numbers into the HCA and it came up with a score of 1.3. Any idea on how I can determine if the old grading would still qualify as ideal under the new system?

Should I even care?

Just for the sake of discussion, the numbers on the stone I mentioned are ...

AGS
1.733 carats
7.65-7.70-4.78
Depth 62.2
Table 55
Pavillion angle 40.8
Crown % 15.4 (the cert was faxed to me and the crown angle was blurred a bit so I couldn''t make it out)

F/Si-2
$11,200

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Those are good numbers - predicted to do very well in the new system. Nice, meaty combos from the old are robust in the new.

Based on what you provided I''m guessing a 34.6 crown angle and a slightly thick girdle (?)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results