shape
carat
color
clarity

Need to Decide by Tuesday( Square Cushion H&A)... Please help..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

griggsy

Rough_Rock

Need to Decide by Tuesday... Please help..

Thanks in advance for the help... you guys have been soo helpful the past few weeks.
I am set on a Vatche x-prong setting in platinum, but need to decide between these two Square Cushion H&A diamonds.
They both score triple very high in brilliance( measure with brilliance scope) , and are both Excellent in polish and symmetry...

Stone 1 is
95 E VS2

Stone 2 is
1.03 I VS2

Daimond 2 is barely within my budget for the diamond. I could scrape up the difference to get diamond 1, but it would pinch me a little bit.

So which should I do.... I have read that excellent cut will make diamonds look whiter, but is an I little too far on the range?? With excellent cut how noticeable would the difference be?

Thanks for all your help

Griggsy

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are Jonathan''s, right ? You may want to see a side-by-side picture... Besides, where "ehite" stops for you is a matter of prefference, and expectations. I don''t think "I" is not colorless in anyone''s language by GIA''s. This is your call, though - I seriously doubt anyone else will point fingers at the ring saying "look what a yella'' piece of XXX" - there is simply no way to see those slight degrees of crystal lattice variation (=color grades) once a brilliant stone is set and worn. You would definitely need appropriate grading conditions to tell which is what, and those are no longer feasible once there is no professional grader arround and the diamond is set.
2.gif

Between these two darlings I would mostly worry about budget than color grade.
34.gif
Besides, there is quite a (paper based) distance between E and I - wasn''t there any other choice that may make you feal better? Perhaps a Regent ? There should be no need to go beyond your budget, I would hope.

griggsy

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advise...
I went out and looked at some diamonds yesterday, and found some princess cut I compared. I had an E G I in 1ct laid out to compare. You could notice a difference when in the grading tray, but when placed face up, and not in the grading tray, It was dificult to tell the difference. Im assuming that the H&A cut will furhter diminish these differences.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results