shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some help, I think I made a mistake ...seeing shadows?

Gns13

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. Can you take a look at my ring? We chose this diamond, and now I'm noticing shadows or dark spots on the stone that I didn't see before. I'm not sure if it's light leakage or obstruction...I'm not educated enough on this to know for sure, but I did not see it when we looked at the stone. We saw in person w our jeweler and never saw an aset image. It's g colored vs2. Gia certified excellent polish and vg symm (if that matters). What do you all think. It's just in certain lighting I see these "shadows" on top, bottom and sides of stone. Please help. Is this not a good quality? Tia!

_30305.jpg

_30304.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Need some help, I think I made a mistake ...seeing shado

Diamond has a bowtie.

Gns13

Rough_Rock

What does that mean? Is that bad?

Gns13

Rough_Rock

Gypsy|1431832031|3877657 said:
Diamond has a bowtie.

Thank you gypsy! Is it still considered a bow tie since it doesn't go across the middle? It also happens on the top and bottom but I don't have a good photo to show. Smaller on the top and bottom though. I'm assuming this isn't a good characteristic.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's a typical place for light leakage in rectangular stones. Jewelry store lights show diamonds at their best. That's why it is
important to see a diamond in different lighting conditions to make sure any changes in light reflection don't bother you.

For example
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/1.04-carat-k-color-si2-clarity-sku-432059
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/0.71-carat-f-color-si1-clarity-sku-318833
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/1.93-carat-g-color-si1-clarity-sku-435844

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

In the photos you posted it looks a bit dull as though it needs a cleaning. If this is true you may not be getting all the light back. Yes, you may be seeing leakage, but if it is clean and sparkly it will look better. Try a good scrub with Dawn both on top and the underside with a little brush, then hot water and take another picture, please.

Gns13

Rough_Rock

Jimmianne|1431873354|3877754 said:
In the photos you posted it looks a bit dull as though it needs a cleaning. If this is true you may not be getting all the light back. Yes, you may be seeing leakage, but if it is clean and sparkly it will look better. Try a good scrub with Dawn both on top and the underside with a little brush, then hot water and take another picture, please.

Are these better? I'm just using my iPhone but here are a few more with 2 different light sources.

_30306.jpg

_30307.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Does it bother you that much or how much does it bother you?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results