shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Setting suggestion for my solitaire necklace

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dreamer

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
Some of you know that I am now in the market for my solitaire necklace. Link here
Solitaire Necklace

I am now hunting for good size stones. Atleast around .9ct or so. Now, I need help on the setting. I am torn between halo, double halo, classic solitaire basket setting etc. Also read basket setting keeps flipping out. Saw some pendants which are NOT ATTACHED to the chain, but sliding ones, which you can change if you would like to. I want this to be a classic piece at the same time if I can introduce some "twist or style" to that, since it is going to be my 10th anniversary project !!

Could you all suggest some settings for me ? I am looking primarily in yellow gold, but I am flexible. I tried a double halo setting at a local jeweller and it did look nice. But not sure if I can wear it often, it may look more dressy right ?!?

Hoping for some pictures and suggestions from you all,

Dreamer

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
This was posted in "Show me the Ring" a few weeks ago and I like it so much I am planning to do something like it when I get my 0.75 carat diamond reset in the near future. It''s just the right combination of casual and formal to wear it everywhere.

Ring of eternity pendant

dreamer

Rough_Rock
tanuki,

You know what, that was exactly the kind of pendant I saw at a local jeweller y''day. One small change was, instead of having the center diamond float the bottom, it was floating from the top, but not actually floating, more hanging. But nice though, and they had .68 in the center and can you believe the whole pendant AND chain was only for $1600 ?!? I could not believe !! Ofcourse not a H&A at the center, but even then..
thanks
Dreamer

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
solitaire 4 prong setting...done.

but it depends on your style. i am such a fan of classic like the solitaire plain...i like halos but i would probably not really wear it that often, and also i don''t really like that circle with the solitaire in the middle because i''d rather have a circle AND a solitaire to make 2 necklaces.

but then again most of my jewelry is pretty simple, so it just really depends on your taste and style!! some people can really carry off more elaborate pieces but i just feel silly.

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Is there any way to do the circle pendant so you could wear it as a circle, or as a solitaire, or fit the two together and wear them as one, with the diamond floating from the top rather than the bottom. That would be a great, versatile piece of jewelry!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results