shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help-- Where to buy discount designer settings online/wholesale? Which designer is cheapest any

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meevan

Rough_Rock
Okay.. I finally popped the question.. You all have been VERY helpful is learning what to buy. I bought 1.8 F color round brilliant. She loves it....

NOW need help w/the setting...

We went to a few stores... I think we have settled on a style with four round brilliants (probably in the .5-.75 range tw-- two stones each side) for the engagement setting.

The matching wedding band.. we are looking at 5 round brilliants (maybe more) with .75-1 total crt wt.

Where should I go to find this for the best price... A local jewler had rings from "BELLINI and CO" but I can''t even find a website for this company.

Can anyone make suggestions of:

1. Which designers are least expensive (ie. Simon G, Vatche, Bellini, etc?)

2. How do you know what quality of stones are in a setting (not listed on the rings)

3. WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO GO FIND A SETTING AT A NEAR WHOLESALE PRICE??

I''ve read the whole forum and couldn''t find suggetions on these.. esp. as to who discounts settings the most.. I assume that these have a 50% or more markup in the retail stores-- the local guy had each ring list priced (inflated??) but discounted to 30% right off the bat...

Thanks,

Meevan

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most designers set rules for pricing and since "designer jewelry" is not mass manufactured, discounts are not the norm. I am sorry to hear about your unpleasant shopping experience...

The "discount way" is to have something similar custom made.

Now, not all designer brands fit the description. "Bellini" does not sound familiar.

As far as I know...

meevan

Rough_Rock
The style we like is similar to AJAFFE ring number WRS0008 or WRS0001.

Thanks so much.

Meevan

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
Have you looked a solomonbrothers.com? They have a huge selection (and they have my setting for much less than I paid
20.gif
). I have seen custom Whiteflash rings on the SMTR folder that look top-notch, too.

Congratulations on your engagement! The diamond sounds nice.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Try contacting Jonathan at Good Old Gold for a price quote too.

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Have you tried contacting Bill Pearlman from Pearlmans Jewelers? I looked at an A Jaffe ring (to keep in mind for my still far-off engagement) and he gave me by far the most fantastic price for the setting.

michela002

Shiny_Rock
PS. You can always consider the custom route which might cost less than a designer setting.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Its not really a designer, but Isaac at Signed Pieces (link) custom-made my e-ring setting. They do a lot of eternity and 5-stone wedding bands as well so they could make the set for you. A lot of people here have had good experiences with them on here - try searching the forums for "Signed Pieces."

meevan

Rough_Rock
In a setting.. How do you know what quality of stones are???? Do the stones generally come w/certs? If not, how do you tell if the stones are any good?

Thanks,
MEEVAN

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results