shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help on my Christmas/25th Birthday present!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cameelio

Rough_Rock
HI everyone!!

So the holiday season is coming up and my DH asked me what I wanted for my 25th b-day (which also happens to be Dec. 31st). Since getting my martini diamond studs I've been obsessed over a martini pendant. SO I suggested that I combine my christmas and birthday present in order to get a bigger, better present. (This kind of mentality is what PS has turned me into
19.gif
)

Anyways Ive been researching and found out through this forum that in general the pendant should be bigger than the size of each earring. My earrings are 0.62 each, both H&A, AGSL 000 Ideal cut, G, SI1. Does that mean that my pendant should be at least 0.7 ctw??

I originally was eyeing a stone that was 0.63, G, SI1, AGSL 000 Ideal, with a HCA of 1.1 (x,x,x,vg) for a reasonable price ($1716).

BUT, in order to keep around my budget and uprgade in size, I found a few stones that have great cuts, but are J in color

1st: 0.70, J, SI1, AGSL 000 Ideal, H&A, HCA of 1.3 (x,x,vg,vg) - $1821
2nd: 0.78, J, SI1, AGSL 000 Ideal, H&A, HCA of 1.3 (x,x,x,vg) - $2002

So what do you guys think?? I've also researched in this forum and many recommend J colored stones especially if they are cut well.
Assuming all are eye clean (I havent asked the vendor yet, because I wanted to get you guys' opinion first) and all of them have negligble to no flouresence. What would you guys go for? The G or the J #1, or J #2

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/3/2008 12:53:25 AM
Author:Cameelio
HI everyone!!

So the holiday season is coming up and my DH asked me what I wanted for my 25th b-day (which also happens to be Dec. 31st). Since getting my martini diamond studs I''ve been obsessed over a martini pendant. SO I suggested that I combine my christmas and birthday present in order to get a bigger, better present. (This kind of mentality is what PS has turned me into
19.gif
)

Anyways Ive been researching and found out through this forum that in general the pendant should be bigger than the size of each earring. My earrings are 0.62 each, both H&A, AGSL 000 Ideal cut, G, SI1. Does that mean that my pendant should be at least 0.7 ctw??

I originally was eyeing a stone that was 0.63, G, SI1, AGSL 000 Ideal, with a HCA of 1.1 (x,x,x,vg) for a reasonable price ($1716).

BUT, in order to keep around my budget and uprgade in size, I found a few stones that have great cuts, but are J in color

1st: 0.70, J, SI1, AGSL 000 Ideal, H&A, HCA of 1.3 (x,x,vg,vg) - $1821
2nd: 0.78, J, SI1, AGSL 000 Ideal, H&A, HCA of 1.3 (x,x,x,vg) - $2002

So what do you guys think?? I''ve also researched in this forum and many recommend J colored stones especially if they are cut well.
Assuming all are eye clean (I havent asked the vendor yet, because I wanted to get you guys'' opinion first) and all of them have negligble to no flouresence. What would you guys go for? The G or the J #1, or J #2
Can you post all the proportions of your contenders please? They sound great but that would help us narrow things down.

Cameelio

Rough_Rock
Oh, of course. . so sorry, but here are the specs, hope they help:

G J#1 J #2
Depth 62.2 61.3 61.9
Table 54.8 55.1 55.3
Crown 34.4 34.2 34.5
Pavillion 40.7 40.9 40.8
Culet Pointed Pointed Pointed
Size: 5.49 - 5.51 x 3.42 5.74 - 5.77 x 3.53 5.90 - 5.92 x 3.66

They are all Ideal, AGS 000, with no flouresence.

Thanks for the input.
36.gif

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
J#1
5.75 for $1821

J#2
5.91 for $2002

Tough decision... :razz: All are good stone, so I would drop definitely the G. J#1 or J#2 will depend on your budget I guess and if you think the extra $180 is worth the increase in size of about 0.15mm.

Sorry not much help there. :razz: Both are excellent choices...

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I try to save money whenever I can, so I would probably go with J #1 since I am pretty sure I would not be able to distinguish the size difference.

Cameelio

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice guys. I''m really leaning towards J#1, but my only concern is the color discrepency. My earrings are Gs and I wonder how noticable the difference would be when I wear the earrings and the pendant together??

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2008 12:02:43 AM
Author: Cameelio
Thanks for the advice guys. I''m really leaning towards J#1, but my only concern is the color discrepency. My earrings are Gs and I wonder how noticable the difference would be when I wear the earrings and the pendant together??

Probably not, as they are far away from each other. They should face up very white anyway as they are all very good cuts. Unless someone ask you to take them off and put them side by side on the table, then the color difference will probably be notice... :razz:

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I would go for the J, I don''t think they will be close enough to notice the difference. Wow what a great problem to have.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results