shape
carat
color
clarity

Need HELP; Cathedral Setting or Classic setting?

roxxx_m

Rough_Rock
I want to choose the setting that's easiest to pair with a wedding band so that they'll be sitting flush together.

I dont want any gaps what so ever, not even a tiny gap.

Opinions please. Here's the 2 that I'm debating on.

cs1.jpg

cs2.jpg

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
If you don't want a gap then the cathedral. The classic will cause a gap because the head is very low so you'd need a curved band or a spacer in between your ering and wedding band.

roxxx_m

Rough_Rock
04diamond<3|1358570376|3359412 said:
If you don't want a gap then the cathedral. The classic will cause a gap because the head is very low so you'd need a curved band or a spacer in between your ering and wedding band.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I figured and I 'm definitely leaning more towards the cathedral look :twirl: Would a 2.5mm be too thick?

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
roxxx_m|1358571541|3359420 said:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I figured and I 'm definitely leaning more towards the cathedral look :twirl: Would a 2.5mm be too thick?
What size diamond are you looking at (dimension-wise)? If your ring won't have any sidestones, most folks tell you to go for the thinnest band you can get so that your diamond will stand out the most.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock

Nope, I think unless you were getting like a 1/3 ct enter, 2.5 mm will look great! the cathedral is definitely beautiful!

roxxx_m

Rough_Rock
Roxy|1358571906|3359423 said:

What size diamond are you looking at (dimension-wise)? If your ring won't have any sidestones, most folks tell you to go for the thinnest band you can get so that your diamond will stand out the most.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0.71 CT
Measurements: 5.78 x 5.82 x 3.50

roxxx_m

Rough_Rock
04diamond<3|1358572002|3359425 said:

Nope, I think unless you were getting like a 1/3 ct enter, 2.5 mm will look great! the cathedral is definitely beautiful!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm in a dilemma because they offer a 1.8mm cathedral and this pictured here is the 2.5mm cathedral,
the diamond I'm going with is a 0.71 :bigsmile:

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Ah, I didn't know you had an option. It depends on what your personal preference is then. A 2.5 mm setting will give a bigger look imo...while the smaller will give the ring a more delicate look. So which do you prefer? What is your finger size?

roxxx_m

Rough_Rock
04diamond<3|1358572381|3359429 said:
Ah, I didn't know you had an option. It depends on what your personal preference is then. A 2.5 mm setting will give a bigger look imo...while the smaller will give the ring a more delicate look. So which do you prefer? What is your finger size?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My ring size is a 4.5, I have a Tiffany Notes ring that I wear everyday and I'm trying to figure out the size of it so that I have a better idea of which of the 2 to get because I love the feel of my Tiffany ring. I tried looking at their website but unfortunately the ring details are not available. Let me link a picture and see if you could help me figure it out. http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...4-c+-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+i+love+you&search=1

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
roxxx_m|1358573154|3359438 said:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My ring size is a 4.5, I have a Tiffany Notes ring that I wear everyday and I'm trying to figure out the size of it so that I have a better idea of which of the 2 to get because I love the feel of my Tiffany ring. I tried looking at their website but unfortunately the ring details are not available. Let me link a picture and see if you could help me figure it out. http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...4-c+-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+i+love+you&search=1

hm...I could be wrong, but that looks like it could be a 2mm+ ring...Do you have a ruler or tape measure? If it does happen to be 2 or more mm then I'd think the 2.5 option would be just fine for you. Although, I'd keep in mind that you'll have a wedding band too, and that'll add to the mm on your finger...just a thought.

echomomm

Rough_Rock
I recently ordered a ring, and the 2.5 wasn't nearly as wide as I had imagined in my head. What you might want to consider is the wedding band you intend to put with it. Is being the same width important to you for a matched look, or do you like the look of different width bands? If you intend to put a diamond band with the solitaire, the 2.5 might be easier to match.

roxxx_m

Rough_Rock
04diamond<3|1358573480|3359440 said:
roxxx_m|1358573154|3359438 said:

hm...I could be wrong, but that looks like it could be a 2mm+ ring...Do you have a ruler or tape measure? If it does happen to be 2 or more mm then I'd think the 2.5 option would be just fine for you. Although, I'd keep in mind that you'll have a wedding band too, and that'll add to the mm on your finger...just a thought.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just measured it and it is actually 3mm. So I think the 2.5mm would be more ideal for me rather than the 1.8, I dont plan on getting a wide band at all, I want my e-ring to pop out more than my wedding band :bigsmile:

roxxx_m

Rough_Rock
echomomm|1358574152|3359443 said:
I recently ordered a ring, and the 2.5 wasn't nearly as wide as I had imagined in my head. What you might want to consider is the wedding band you intend to put with it. Is being the same width important to you for a matched look, or do you like the look of different width bands? If you intend to put a diamond band with the solitaire, the 2.5 might be easier to match.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I dont really favor for the 2 matching. I'd either want the wedding band the same size or smaller than my e-ring band. So smaller than 2.5 if I were to go with the 2.5 of course.
I chose out a few wedding bands and they all fall under 2.5 and the one I liked the most was a 2mm half diamond pave ring. :confused:

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
roxxx_m|1358574612|3359450 said:
echomomm|1358574152|3359443 said:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I dont really favor for the 2 matching. I'd either want the wedding band the same size or smaller than my e-ring band. So smaller than 2.5 if I were to go with the 2.5 of course.
I chose out a few wedding bands and they all fall under 2.5 and the one I liked the most was a 2mm half diamond pave ring. :confused:
I think your idea to go thinner w/ the Wband is a good one, since you're leaning towards the 2.5 ering. What would help is if you could get something similar in CZ so you could live w/ it a while & see how you feel.

I did that when deciding on the width for my eternity bands & it helped me avoid making some very costly mistakes! You'd be surprised how differently things appear IRL vs in the pics.

My general rule is to try to keep the width of the ering band less than 30% of the length of your center stone, but you might find that you prefer something wider. So I hope you can "test drive" a cheap imitation to see what works best for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results