shape
carat
color
clarity

Need an opinion on a diamond!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

carat_top

Rough_Rock
Please let me know if this diamond is a good buy... the cost was $7650. My budget is $8k... This is the best i found for the price.

GIA Certified:
Princess Cut
5.85x5.85x4.21
1.21 carats
Depth = 72%
Table = 72%
Crown = 9.5%
Girdle = Slightly Thick to Thick
Culet = None
Polish = VG
Symmetry = VG
Clarity = VVS2
Color = F
Fluorescence = None

Also, it is laser inscribed by GIA... Is this good? Does this help the value?

researcher

Ideal_Rock
The numbers aren't bad, but they're not excellent either. Unless you're set on having the high clarity, I would drop to at least a VS1 and try to find a stone with a higher crown. Also, this stone will look a little small for its size because of the girdle thickness and the depth (although I do like the depth to be in the low 70's), so you'd be better off getting a smaller stone that faces up bigger. Do you have an ideal scope image to show the light leakage?

carat_top

Rough_Rock
Researcher, thanks for the reply...

Actually, I ordered the diamond off of dirtcheapdiamonds.com, so I have not even seen the diamond yet. I was planning on checking it out and returning if it is not the "one"...

Does the laser inscription mean anything? Have you seen any diamonds that are closer to the specs that you are talking about and still in the 8k price range?

Thanks a million.

missnikki

Rough_Rock
Okay I see we are talking about wedding bands... but my question is ... My fiancee is old fashioned... and I was not sure.. who bought the wedding bands... I know he buys the engagement ring... but I was wondering if I was suposed to buy his wedding bank... I am a tomboy looking for a lil help...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results