shape
carat
color
clarity

Need a second opinion - french cuts, yea or nay?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just need to double-check: do these look like french cuts to you?

_11161.jpg

_11162.jpg

_11163.jpg

_11164.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Few more - pics taken at every quadrant (oct... rant?) anyway, from eight overlapping angles.

_11165.jpg

_11166.jpg

_11167.jpg

_11168.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
bgray|1382494794|3542699 said:
yes they do--they look like (old) hand cut stones

Thanks, Bgray - I needed to be sure I wasn't high. I got these almost by accident - bid on the basis of a random reflected facet, panicked thinking it was highly unlikely the (very experienced, long-term high-volume) dealer would have misidentified it, and tried to cancel the sale. But since he'd already packaged it ... he sent it anyway, saying if I hated it when it got there, I could always just return it.

WELL I DON'T HATE IT ....

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I'm pretty sure these are the ones I bid on but lost. (obviously :cheeky: ) They're definitely French cuts. I didn't bid higher because I would need to take it apart and have it remade, so if they fit you, you paid an AMAZING price!! :appl:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Size 5? It was a BIN, if that helps any ... and, thank you for weighing in! If not, for curiousity's sake, I'd love to see what *you're* talking about ....

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, definitely French Cuts, they will probably be a little off because they were handcut and also because any genuine rings (I am in the process of selling an genuine antique French Cut band) usually have quite a bit of wear/abrasion particularly to the tops and edges of the stones....

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ForteKitty|1382496272|3542716 said:
Oh no, totally not the same one! The one I didn't win was a size 8, plat. Sold for under $600.

found it: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Platinum-di...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Oh, wow ... on your little fingers, that would have been, what, three remade bands? Screw the vulture who swooped in on 'em!

(Having been a vulture in the past, and being sure that I will be one in the future, apologies to the perfectly nice person who sniped it - I just like FK.)

Also, under $600 for a FC band breeds envy in my bosom.

arkieb1 said:
Yep, definitely French Cuts, they will probably be a little off because they were handcut and also because any genuine rings (I am in the process of selling an genuine antique French Cut band) usually have quite a bit of wear/abrasion particularly to the tops and edges of the stones....

Ark - may I call you Ark? - I have perused the listing of your lovely FC double-band many, many, many is the time ... and have noticed no wear. It is simply superb. But I will bow to your better knowledge, and embrace my responsibility to go and gaze upon it some more ... and more ... and MORE .... :)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1382509422|3542793 said:
Oh no, totally not the same one! The one I didn't win was a size 8, plat. Sold for under $600.

found it: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Platinum-di...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Oh, wow ... on your little fingers, that would have been, what, three remade bands? Screw the vulture who swooped in on 'em!

(Having been a vulture in the past, and being sure that I will be one in the future, apologies to the perfectly nice person who sniped it - I just like FK.)

arkieb1 said:

Ark - may I call you Ark? - I have perused the listing of your lovely FC double-band many, many, many is the time ... and have noticed no wear. It is simply superb. But I will bow to your better knowledge, and embrace my responsibility to go and gaze upon it some more ... and more ... and MORE .... :)

Hi Circe, the stones in mine are worn, and a couple have tiny chips this can only be noticed with a loupe, there is no wear what so ever on the ring part because I just had the JBEG girls rebuild the ring so it looks brand new. I can see wear to your stones in your pics, you also probably can't see that in real life.... I have a question for you sorry to threadjack, I am dying to know who does the 3D settings?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
arkieb1|1382514198|3542800 said:
Circe|1382509422|3542793 said:

arkieb1 said:

Hi Circe, the stones in mine are worn, and a couple have tiny chips this can only be noticed with a loupe, there is no wear what so ever on the ring part because I just had the JBEG girls rebuild the ring so it looks brand new. I can see wear to your stones in your pics, you also probably can't see that in real life.... I have a question for you sorry to threadjack, I am dying to know who does the 3D settings?

No worries about thread-jacking - could you refresh my memory as to which ones you mean?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results