shape
carat
color
clarity

My new 2 carat G VS2 RB ring :)

mcblohe

Shiny_Rock
I'd like to Thank many pricescopers here who've helped me pick my final choice. Special thanks to Yssie and diamondseeker for has given numerous great advice. I had started a post just yesterday wondering about the warmth that i can detect in the G color. I guess i'm getting to enjoy the diamond for its sparkliness more rather than just worrying about the color as it costs alot more to upgrade to a F color.
Here are some pictures:

IMG_2067.JPG

mcblohe

Shiny_Rock
I tried some flower shots:
Apologies for my lousy photography skills

IMG_2102.JPG

mcblohe

Shiny_Rock
I've put in a pic of my 'old' 1.31 ct I VS2 ring just for fun :

Attachments

• ring.bmp
    351.6 KB · Views: 4,287

mcblohe

Shiny_Rock
I do like the daintiness of this setting alot, may consider moving my 2 ct to this setting, and making the 1.31 ct into a pendant :twirl:

Attachments

• ring2.bmp
    351.6 KB · Views: 4,281

mcblohe

Shiny_Rock
managed to get clearer shots of my new ring again, i must admit that the centre stone doesn't show yellow in these pictures :)

IMG_2046.JPG

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, that's some finger coverage!!

It must be blinding in-person - enjoy it! :sun: :appl: I imagine it won't be too much of a hardship to focus on the sparkle :bigsmile:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, your ring is stunning. I am sure you'll enjoy seeing that beauty on your finger.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, that is gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love: It is not one bit yellow!!! I think your old stone will be perfect for a pendant! I am working on a pendant project now with an old 1 ct. stone (which might need recutting first). I think the new setting is very pretty, but I would also really like it in the old setting because it would really stand out as a solitaire. Either way, though, you will have a beautiful ring! :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is very pretty and I don't see any yellow either! It's just a beautiful stone and your setting is very pretty as well.

I too think it would look beautiful in your previous setting - either way it's a winner!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! The first one was really beautiful too! Lucky woman! congrats! :appl:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning!!!

mcblohe

Shiny_Rock
I just went to another appraiser and got the colour confirmed. Even with the stone mounted, he said that his best guess is its a GIA G color. So since the color is right, and the upgrade to F is about $4k at least, i'll just enjoy this! =)

I'm also so used to my old setting and think that the new one is just too 'big' for me, so i'm gonna change the head of the old setting, and put the 2 carat in. As for the halo setting, i'll be putting in a blue topaz- my birthstone :twirl:

And as for the 1.31 ct, it'll go into a simple pendant with a 0.3ct princess above it....

So many decisions... soon i'll have 3 new pieces to show ;-)

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is stunning! I love everything about it!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous but will also look gorgeous in your old setting. Please post pics after all the changes!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the halo. And might I make a small suggestion? Wait another month to reset the new 2ct. Since this was an upgrade, I am guessing you were interested in having a ring with more hand presence. It can take a while to get used to a larger diamond, and you would be surprised how quickly they can "shrink" on you ;)) In a month, you may feel the 2ct with a halo is just perfect for you!

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, I love it!! I also love the idea of putting it in your solitaire setting (is that your original e-ring setting?) and putting a blue topaz in the halo and wearing it on your right hand. I think the blue topaz would look stunning in that halo and then you get two rings!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous! Many congrats on your engagement and new sparkly!

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
You're halo is stunning, stunning, stunning. If I were to get a halo I would get one just like yours.

But I must say, you're solitaire was divine! Congrats on the upgrade!!

TeachMIE

Rough_Rock
This is the EXACT setting I am looking at. Where did you purchase it from?

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh! It is beauuuutiful! :love: Thank you so much for sharing your photos with us. It is seriously helpful to see the 1.31 carat against the 2.0 halo...maybe I don't need a 3 carat diamond afterall.....the finger coverage of your halo is amazing! :love:

Hugs,
MDS

mcblohe

Shiny_Rock
Hi TeachMIE,

Are you referring to the halo setting?
I got it from Eternity Diamonds, where i bought the center stone from..

Thanks for all your compliments!!

TeachMIE

Rough_Rock
I actually am referring to the setting you had before. :) The setting without the halo!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results