shape
carat
color
clarity

Movado Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jarlette79

Rough_Rock
I was wondering if anyone had any experiences in purchasing an engagement ring from Movado. My boyfriend and I have been shopping for rings for quite some time now. We were in Chicago this weekend and stopped in the Movado boutique AFTER Tiffany''s.

Now normally I am not so drawn to a princess cut diamond. But this ring he had was absolutely amazing. I think the thing that made it most brialliant was the cut at the setting. The setting was ''embedded'' as he called it. And the diamond seemed to hang in suspension, allowing the diamond to ''breathe''. The diamond itself was cut with 114 facets. He put a book over it and the diamond still just about was glowing in the dark still. It was amazing.

I don''t know if anyone else has looked at or had a similar experience with Movado. Honestly, did not even know that Movado had engagement rings. We had initially gone in there to look at watches. But truly, this diamond sparkled more than any ring I put on my finger at Tiffany''s. Just curious with anyone else''e reaction.

Just to give people an idea...this ring was 1.13 carats, Princess Cut, E or F color (can''t remember) and between a VVS2 and a VS1 clarity. The tag on it was $9450. I tried on rings in the upwards of $25-$30K at Tiffany''s that did not ahve the brillance...

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought a cut similar, but it's round with 129 facets. The extra facets help trap extra light, which is why it was so bright even in shadows. Mine practically glows white in a pitch dark room. Its pretty cool.

If you like it, buy it, if it sings to you and you love it then its pretty perfect for you.

I don't know quite how they set those, I thought tension which Im not a fan of (security reasons).

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like a good deal to me - a traditional round with fine cut would not be much less (actually, not less at all). And the rings are very elegant in a minimalist way.
5.gif

There are more branded cuts with ma, many facets like that: Princes Plus has about 100 and well.. there is a whole list of them on GIA's website with at least half a dozen branded squares. From what you describe, there isn't much better a diamond can do, IMO.

chickadee

Rough_Rock
Hi Jarlette..I seen that Movado ring in a brides magazine and I absolutely love it..i was curious about the price of it but i seen that you wrote $9450. I live in New York do you think the prices will be the same as in Chicago? I love it I love it I love it!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results