shape
carat
color
clarity

More Radiant Questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

akameme

Rough_Rock
First of all - this forum rocks! (no pun).
I''ve been doing some searching and found a few good radiants on Blue Nile. In looking at shape, i defintely want it as close to square as possible (1.1) and over a carat. In terms of color, I was leaning toward F or G, but Blue Nile said an H should be fine. I also tried to evaluate the ring using the DIY on gemappraisers.com - but I couldn''t find any information about crown height percentage on Blue Nile''s site - I''ve emailed them and am waiting for a response.

So below are few stones which seem pretty good....I know in the end, it will just boil down what feels like the best balance, but I always like hearing what you guys have to say...
Thanks!

Diamond 1:
Carat weight: 1.28
Cut: Very Good
Color: H
Clarity: VVS2
Depth %: 64.5%
Table %: 69%
Symmetry: Good
Polish: Very good
Girdle: Medium
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 7.03x6.05x3.90 mm
Length/width ratio: 1.16

Diamond 2:
Carat weight: 1.27
Color: H
Clarity: VVS2
Depth %: 65.7%
Table %: 67%
Symmetry: Very good
Girdle: Medium to thick
Measurements: 6.66x6.04x3.97 mm
Length/width ratio: 1.10

Diamond 3
Carat weight: 1.26
Color: F
Clarity: VS1
Depth %: 68.7%
Table %: 66%
Symmetry: Very good
Girdle: Medium
Measurements: 6.65x5.95x4.09 mm
Length/width ratio: 1.12

Thanks!
Miriam

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Not to scare you, but I personally would not get an H colored radiant, as they are usually quite strong in body color, even in the colorless. First of all i would head to a store and SEE a radiant in D - H colors, as well as see what size you are most comfortable with.

Radiants are cuts that SHOW body color, as most fancy shapes do. Round stones make the diamond look whitest, so barring that cut, you will see color. Depending on your color threshhold, you may see an H and think it''s just white enough. I personally find it irritating that my well cut E still does not look as white as a G colored round stone...
emcry.gif
but that''s the price you pay for fancy!

Personally, this is NOT a stone I would buy sight unseen, especially in color, and cut. Good luck and tell us which color you prefer once you have seen them in person!!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Go for the F then! I have an E and for me, there is certain lighting and circumstances where the yellow drives me nuts... Like when I am near incandescent lighting sometimes..., and then whem I am grading stones that are rounds in the G+ color range. I place them next to my "whiter" radiant, and they still look less yellow, even at Gs!!!!
29.gif

Such is the issue with fancies, and if you have low tolerance for yellow in a e-ring, then a good G or F should NOT disappoint. remember, inspect the stone in ALL types of light, including AWAY from the store diamond lighting, outside in the sun, etc...

akameme

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much...that F color diamond is looking the best. I am by no means an expert - so I''m hoping my naked eye won''t be able to see any ''yellow.''

I guess if it doesn''t work, I"ll have to take advantage of Blue Niles ''liberal'' return policy.

By the way, I''ve seen lots of links to calculators that "grade" your stone...the one at gemappraisers asked for crown height %, which I don''t currently have....(but am going to ask for)...are there any other cacluators I can use that don''t require that piece of data?

Thanks!
akameme

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results