shape
carat
color
clarity

Men''s Bands: Tungsten vs. Stainless Steel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Buster_DL

Rough_Rock
Hey Everyone,
I finally am getting around to looking at a band for myself now that I''ve got my lady''s rings taken care of! I''ve tried a few on at various jewerly stores, and have a style in mind that I like (none include inlaid gold or platinum). However, I''m torn about the metal I want. I''ve ruled out Titanium, it''s just way to light for my preference. Today I tried on two that I really liked, one was stainless steel (and quite inexpensive) and the other was tungsten (more expensive, but still MUCH cheaper than Platinum). I read some previous posts about tungsten and feel I know most of the pro''s and con''s about it, but I haven''t found much about Stainless Steel.

I haven''t narrowed my search to only these two metals, but they are the two I know the least about. I know plenty about Platinum as that is what my fiance''s rings are made of, but I can''t justify the cost of that for my own ring for some reason. As for white gold, I don''t like the idea of getting it plated every year to maintain it''s polish/color.

My goals are to find a ring that I can put on the day we get married and never take off...so it''s important that the ring I get hold''s its polish/look/feel as much as possible. I realize that NO metal will ever look just like it did the day you bought it 50 years down the road. I don''t work with my hands a ton (other than typing on a keyboard!), so I''m not concerned with it getting beat up every day.

Here''s an example of the style I like (this one is Tungsten):
http://www.trewtungsten.com/collection.html (#7MTTX 3 rows down, middle picture)

Anyone have ideas on pro''s and con''s between these two metals (or any others if you want)? Thanks in advance!

Buster

Buster_DL

Rough_Rock
One more question...are there different kinds of tungsten rings available? I looked at some that were real dark gray (almost blueish), while others had a more gray metal look. Is it the finish on them, or the mix of alloys/metals? Thanks!

Buster

Chrisk327

Rough_Rock
I''d be interested in more information on the Tungston rings. I''ve been looking at platnium, but was considering something different. Just not sure if I going to want something different 10, 20, 30 years from now.

I''ve read up a bit on them, more to the point is how do they look/how do people feel after a few years?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results