shape
carat
color
clarity

Melee Sizes....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi All,

In trying to help my brother come up with an e-ring/wedding band combination I''ve been trying to read about the melee sizes & recognizing what sizes the designers use. David is interested in a Channel set band, much like a Scott Kay he likes & we figure the melee to be about 2pt each. He wants the band farily thin, 2.5mm & said he would like 3pt melee because the stones look smushed in the channel setting. His center stone will be around .80ish. The balance between his center stone & the sidestones seem to blend well.

What I''ve also come to notice on the board as more memebers upgrade, is that they too have been keeping their melee down to 2 & 3pts as well. What reason are you guys keeping the sidestones so small? I recall a PS member JuliaJulia (I think) & she had a ring made from Bostonian(?) anyway, her melee were 7 pts each & they still looked ok with her large center.

- Is there a specific reason to keep the melee that small?
- Could it be just simply the smaller stones are more appealing to the eye?
- Affordability?
Wondering if those with 2+ ct. stone would go with 5pt mellee? Would you go to 5pt if money were not a consideration? Or if your husband didnt care. LOL

Thanks guys,
Just curious about whats going on with the trends out there.

Judy
:)

**sorry for any errors. I just got off of night shift & am really too tired to be typing, but too wired to go to sleep** Leonid, dont shut down the forum tonight or tomorow night, I am working. LOL The long weekends are slow, I could catch up on my reading. LOL

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ccuheartnurse,

Mara had a new head put on her wedding set for her larger stone. the melee in her e-ring are 3 pointers and her wedding band 2 pointers. I think a lot of gals like using smaller melee so the band is thinner which makes the diamond look bigger. For and .80 stone, I think .02''s or .03''s would be a very nice size.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I would not want to go any larger than 2 pointers. I just don''t like the look of pave done with larger diamonds. With my 2 carat diamond, the melee in the halo and shank are .005 ct., .007 ct., and .015 ct.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Again,
I went looking around yesterday at rings, & found the Scott Kay my brother liked. Wow, it was very very pretty, but the prices are VERY VERY high. Nice ring, but in my opinion, not worth the price. Leonid, I''m having trouble uploading any pics. I keep clicking Attach File, but nothing happens. The style of the Scott Kay ring is E-ring #M1156RD10PP (or on Pearlmans site #97U18) & the band #B1159RD10PP (or on Pearlmans #81U18). Seeing it in person makes all the difference in the world, it IS really nice. If anyone has the bucks, & wants a very delicate looking ring, this is it. I''ve been checking out Adwar, & believe me, I''ve had to use a magnifying glass to try to get detailed looks of the rings. The melee stones were about 1.5 pts I think. Very small, but lovely.

Any ideas, apart from custom making it, or actually ordering SK, where I can find something like this? His stone is .82ct.

Judy
:)

P.S,, If someone can upload those pics, that would be great. I think Bills (Pearlmans site) has the better pics detailing the ring).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results