shape
carat
color
clarity

Measuring for Strain

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When a diamond is checked for strain is it the size and position of the strain in the diamond which counts in the same way feathers do?

What I am asking is although the diamond has strain in one part of the diamond would someone like Rockdoc still give the diamond its bill of health or would it not pass if there is any strain in the diamond at all?

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2004 5:25:37 PM
Author:pyramid
When a diamond is checked for strain is it the size and position of the strain in the diamond which counts in the same way feathers do?

What I am asking is although the diamond has strain in one part of the diamond would someone like Rockdoc still give the diamond its bill of health or would it not pass if there is any strain in the diamond at all?

Each stone is an individual.the location and color of the strain matters. A great percentage of diamonds have strain ( 40-50%) most of it does not appear to be a durability concern - but since the pricing doesn''t vary, why pick one that has a chance of a problem?

Most stones don''t have serious strain - but there are some that do.

Just to note, unless the stone has intense red strain leading to its edge or in the grainlines, I don''t make the decision of not to purchase. I simply report the facts that I see, substanciate the report with photographs, and at that point its up to the consumer to make the deciision.

Rockdoc

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As Garry asked, is there any new information/findings from stones you have seen about strain Rockdoc?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results