shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon Mege: basket w/ just two side prongs for an elongated cushion?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

carochinha

Rough_Rock
I''m really taken with this image for a couple of reasons: the elongated cushion and the simple, almost invisible setting. It looks like a triple pave band which I would do without out for two reasons: cost and not being able to wear it next to a wedding band without damaging it. But I love the style! So, here are some images and some solutions. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Top view: http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=280
Side view: http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=281

1) Our budget is about 7k for the stone and setting. Is this doable if 5500 is focused on the stone (1 to 1.5 ct cushion, F-H, VVS2-S1), with emphasis on quality over size?

2) Does 1500 seem a good ballpark for a simple, round LM band version of the above? I will of course contact LM directly, but we''re still searching for the diamond.

3) Would it be a secure setting? Please correct me if I''m not using the right terms, since I want to be able to describe accurately what I want.

Have you seen any examples of similar style rings? Pics, please?
31.gif

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Just give him an email or a phone call and he''d be happy to quote you a price. ;-)

He is approachable, just tempermental at times.

carochinha

Rough_Rock
Jaka, thanks for your quick reply. Yes, I plan on contacting him once I find our "pebble" lol.

Any thoughts to the ring style or have you seen anything similar?

lowphat

Shiny_Rock
If you want pave on your band, I''m pretty sure it''ll be alot more than 1,500. I''ve gotten a few quotes and my design''s are pretty simple, basically one sided pave on the band with a simple basket and no halo, and my quotes were between 2500 and 3000.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would definitely get in touch with Leon once you have your stone. He was very nice to me when I called him two days in a row last week!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
While that setting is beautiful, I would be a bit worried about the wearability. I cracked my 1ct oval diamond with 4 prongs by a run in with a filing cabinet. Being so exposed would make me worry about chipping and other damage.

Or just get it insured, and don''t worry
2.gif
(mine wasn''t insured...)

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Its a lovely style!

I would suggest that you contact LM first and get a ballpark figure of what that setting with your modifications will run. This way, you will know approx how much you will have to spend on a stone. Assuming its gonna cost XX may leave you in a bit of a bind when the time comes. I know of someone who was quoted an amount north of that number for his classic 4-prong solitaire with no melee and/or pave work AT ALL.

A good friend is also working on a project with Leon and she tells he has been nothing but professional and extremely helpful.

Much luck to you, and I do hope you would come back to show us the finished product!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am pretty sure that even when the pave and melee are removed, your cost for the setting will be well over $2K.

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Cool ring! I ditto what others have said about contacting Leon directly for a ballpark. I would also ask him about scale, since the ring pictured is over 3 carats and very elongated - since you haven''t yet sourced your cushion it''s hard to know if the diamond you end up falling in love with will be right for this very unique style.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results