shape
carat
color
clarity

Kay Jewelers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bscpu1972

Rough_Rock
Not having all that much money these days, we went into Kay Jewelers and found a ring I really liked. We put money down on a payment plan. When we went back to make another payment we found out that we didn''t have a ring in layaway anymore. They took it upon themselves to place our deposit on an old charge card bill that was his ex-wife''s. He never was on the account. It''s just that his last name and former residence matched an old debt they had on file. We had to drive the 45 miles back home, dig out the court documents saying she was responsible for the bill and wait about 3 months for a refund.

My ring? Had a private jeweler make one similar to the one at Kay''s. Saved $500, got better quality stones and he has a great return and warranty policy.

My suggestion: never use a store''s layaway plan. Save up or borrow the cash from the bank.

Bev

Shiny_Rock
Yeah - I am not a fan of Kay''s at ALL. My first e-ring was from there, and I know we could have saved A LOT of money if we bought it elsewhere.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Layaways don''t offer any advantage to a customer unless you''re buying an estate piece that can''t be duplicated--the store keeps your money and their merchandise and you have nothing until the entire balance has been paid. If you''re buying from a store, it''s better to find one that has an interest-free charge account club plan.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
I had a horrible experience with Kay''s with my original wedding band (waaay before I discovered PS). I detered several of my friends from going there.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh I hate Kays. I really wish mall chains w ould just go under and not be a nuisance anymore.

Bev

Shiny_Rock
I had a horrible experience with them, too, Jellybean. I really wish I had found PS before I got engaged! My husband and I could saved so much money.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results